Conducting a survey about autism diagnosis variables

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Psychoblue
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2011, 11:31 am

the consent form wrote:
You are invited to participate in a research project entitled “Variables related to age of
diagnosis in autism” designed to analyze the different variables surrounding autism
diagnosis. The study is being conducted by Melisa Reed and myself, Aaron Pinsky, from
Marshall University and has been approved by the Marshall University Institutional
Review Board (IRB). This research is being conducted as part of the thesis requirements
for Aaron Pinsky.

This survey is comprised of (multiple-choice questions asking for the individual’s type of
autism spectrum diagnosis, the age at which they were diagnosed, the socioeconomic
status of their parents at the time of diagnosis and their ethnic background). Your replies
will be anonymous, so do not type your name anywhere on the form. There are no
known risks involved with this study. Participation is completely voluntary and there
will be no penalty or loss of benefits if you choose to not participate in this research study
or to withdraw. If you choose not to participate you may either return the blank survey or
you may discard it. You may choose to not answer any question by simply leaving it
blank. Once you complete the survey you can delete your browsing history for added
confidentiality.

Completing the on-line survey indicates your consent for use of the
answers you supply. If you have any questions about the study or in the event of a
research related injury, you may contact Melisa Reed at 304-696-2850, or myself at
804-516-9396.

If you have any questions concerning your rights as a research participant you may
contact the Marshall University Office of Research Integrity at (304) 696-4303.
By completing this survey you are also confirming that you are 18 years of age or older.

You may find the survey at https://spreadsheets.google.com/embedde ... NjJrY2c6MA

From one member of the autism community to another, I ask for your help in participating in my research study. I appreciate your time: it shouldn't take more than 3 minutes of it!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Apr 2011, 12:42 pm

Do you have to to have an official diagnoses for this survey :?: My mom suspected me of being autistic when I was a toddler but the general practitioner blew my mom's concerns off. A psych I saw in high-school for dyslexia accommodations suspected I had AS but couldn't diagnose. Pyshc I saw when I was almost 21 said I had AS but when she refereed me for official testing it was ruled out. I'm almost certain I have AS or a worse form of autism thou. Should I select the Older than 10 option for age of diagnoses :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 12:54 pm

ill fill it out later

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 1:09 pm

did it, dunno why but i find surveys very enjoyable, maybe it's the statistical aspect

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 2:34 pm

Phonic wrote:
did it, dunno why but i find surveys very enjoyable, maybe it's the statistical aspect

I feel the same way!...

Psychoblue
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2011, 3:33 pm

nick007 wrote:
Do you have to to have an official diagnoses for this survey :?: My mom suspected me of being autistic when I was a toddler but the general practitioner blew my mom's concerns off. A psych I saw in high-school for dyslexia accommodations suspected I had AS but couldn't diagnose. Pyshc I saw when I was almost 21 said I had AS but when she refereed me for official testing it was ruled out. I'm almost certain I have AS or a worse form of autism thou. Should I select the Older than 10 option for age of diagnoses :?:

It needs to be a diagnosis from a professional clinician as this survey is looking for variable that affect diagnosis according to age, region, family members, etc.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Apr 2011, 5:33 pm

I took the survey.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 6:51 pm

I just now took the survey. I find taking surveys to be rather enjoyable. :)

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2011, 2:15 am

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
ill fill it out later

Me too.........I have to sleep now.............

Psychoblue
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2011, 7:30 am

Thank you to those who have filled out the survey thus far. Keep 'em coming! :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Apr 2011, 9:32 pm

Psychoblue wrote:
nick007 wrote:

It needs to be a diagnosis from a professional clinician as this survey is looking for variable that affect diagnosis according to age, region, family members, etc.

I looked over the rest of the questions & I decided to take it. I selected the 10+ option for age of diagnoses. I answered all the other stuff honestly. Sense it's about getting a diagnoses & receiving services & I had lots of problems & got screwed-over by doss & psychs & everything else I wanted my bad situation to be counted. There is a major problem with psychs & docs in my area; they assumed AS is kinda of like mental retardation. I communicated too well verbally & seemed too intelligent to have anything on the autism spectrum

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 9:16 pm

i just filled it out you should of added one other question though male or female