Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Louise18
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2011, 8:23 am

kfisherx wrote:
I will NEVER understand the mentality of people who think that it is okay to go purposely breed highly disabled people. 8O Nobody on this forum is taking away from the fact that LFA people can have a happy life. Everyone is simply saying that it is not ideal to breed people who require aides and services by purpose. Doesn't mean we don't accept them when they do come up. Two completely different things and wanting to avoid breeding does not equate to not accepting those who already exist.

I'd rather have a chance that my child will turn out like you, or even better, and take the risk that I might have to pay someone to change diapers for 20 years, than be guaranteed to have a mediocre child.

Louise18
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2011, 8:27 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:
Yes but what about the risk that your child will end up being a neurotypical?

But doctor, how can this be? He's speaking and he's only 2 and his eye contact is better than mine.

I'm so ashamed. No son of mine is going to grow up with emotional intelligence!

I'd be ashamed of a child that succumbed to peer pressure, that formed their opinions and behaviours on the basis of what other people thought, or that went out drinking instead of getting into a better university. This isn't true of all NTs, but it is of some.

And by the way I have good eye contact and had normal speech development.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 8:31 am

Louise18 wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

But doctor, how can this be? He's speaking and he's only 2 and his eye contact is better than mine.

I'd be ashamed of a child that succumbed to peer pressure, that formed their opinions and behaviours on the basis of what other people thought, or that went out drinking instead of getting into a better university. This isn't true of all NTs, but it is of some.

You do know I was being facetious, right?

Louise18
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2011, 8:32 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
Louise18 wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

You do know I was being facetious, right?

Yep