Developing Unique Ability - Isolation or Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2011, 6:48 pm

This guy does not appear to be AS. Of course I could be wrong there but for the moment he does not appear to be. He was home schooled in a small town. The town was so small it did not have a pub. OK my point is, if he was an historical figure and this story was told how many would assume he had AS?

Chooka Parker Video

Chooka Parker Story

Ethan “Chooka” Parker spent two years imagining what classical performer Wolfgang Mozart’s music sounded like.
The 17-year-old from Red Lion, near Maryborough, discovered Mozart after helping clear out a house.
He could take anything that was left over in the house and it was the Mozart CD that drew his attention.
“At that stage we didn’t have a CD player,” Chooka said.
“I just became fascinated and read the CD cover for two years until we got a CD player,” he said.
“I really wanted to hear it. I grew up without a telly, the internet or CD player.
“From there I have built up a collection and have 300 classical CDs.
“We have since started listening to modern music as we call it – Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash.”
Chooka is the youngest son of Alan and Kerry Parker, who have an older son Adam.
Mrs Parker homeschooled the two boys with classical music offering a soundtrack underneath their studying.
At 13, Ethan became Chooka.
He wanted to be a chicken farmer with a million chooks so he gave himself the nickname that has stuck ever since.
Rhythms came naturally to the Parker brothers as they drew inspiration from their drummer father. Chooka would replicate his father’s drumming with his hands, before discovering a natural talent with a keyboard.
The brothers saved their money and bought a Casio keyboard, kick-staring Chooka’s musical career which has landed him on reality television talent competition Australia’s Got Talent.
Life without television and the internet meant Chooka would spend his evenings teaching himself to play the keyboard, extending to teaching himself to read music despite only ever playing original scores.
“I make all my music up on the spot,” he said.
“They wanted me to rehearse something I wanted to play.
“But it will be completely different each time I play.