Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Franklin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 May 2011, 4:59 pm

I don't like saying good-bye because of the emotional aspect. I like hugs from family members and people I know well.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 5:21 pm

draelynn wrote:
I'm more the 'see ya later.' type. I get fidgety and clearly uncomfortable if, after saying goodbye, it ends up being a long protracted process to actually leave. It's like they expect something more... I'm never sure what. I fail miserably here.

Say goodbye and then leave. Nice, simple and to the point.

Exactly. Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

Grazia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 May 2011, 5:41 pm

If I haven't succeeded in sloping off undetected, thereby avoiding the agonisingly protracted ritual of 'saying goodbye', I often have to brace myself for the hug and kiss (please let it be cheek not lips!) and try to contain myself long enough to be out of sight of the perpetrator of the assault before I start frantically rubbing at the point of contact with a clean tissue.

I like kissing and hugging my husband and kids, and only them.

spiders
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 May 2011, 5:38 am

Grazia wrote:
I often have to brace myself for the hug and kiss (please let it be cheek not lips!) and try to contain myself long enough to be out of sight of the perpetrator of the assault before I start frantically rubbing at the point of contact with a clean tissue.

This is what I dread, but I have perfected the art of timing for the lip kiss, so they usually connect with my hair or cheek but never my lips. I don't rub my face with a tissue, I use my sleeve :oops:

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 6:35 am

I have come up with a way to solve this little issue: just never say bye - just inform them at the start of the gathering when you're leaving and when that time comes you leave without a word, just go. :idea:

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 3:04 pm

I don't particularly like hugging or kissing their cheek as i find that rather uncomfortable im ok with shaking someones hand however i like too keep things simple just a wave and say bye that does the job for me.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 5:05 pm

not a fan of goodbyes, at most I might say "bye" and then turn around and leave. sometimes though I just leave without saying a word.