Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2006, 7:38 am

Commonsense
I believe that commonsense is overrated, one cannot revert to commonsense to overcome any problems that we have in life. Recently I have bought a book on confidence. Even though the book is on the subject of confidence the book subject should be how to be wise and happy. I brought the book to my workplace for a week. In the some week I was getting a little bit cocky at work, mostly as a joke, sometimes it is simply who I am. Almost everyone in the office agree that reading the book is bad for me and makes me arrogant and to cocky.

I know that the book was nothing to do with that and if it was then it is just a simple phase I am going through. Sometime to fix some thing you have to shake it up a bit, bad thing will happen as well as good. To fix a car you sometimes need to take it apart( leaving it in a state where it will not work) before assembling it back together to make it work better. To tidy up a room sometime you need to pall out all the rubbish making it look messier and do some dusting and cleaning making the room even more dustier and smellier, all this before it becomes tidier.

At the end of the day, life is not that simple to be solved with commonsense methodology. Imagine if we all was to use commonsense to overcome problems created by aspersers syndrome. Like what aspies use before they descover that they have AS.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2006, 9:47 am

Common sense seems to me to be in short supply and maybe a bit of a misnomer at my work....It has become a huge issue for me...so this is a bit of a trigger for my anger lately....let me explain the mundane that causes such anger in what I view as the lack of "common sense"

My co-workers put plastic tuperware in the bottom of the dishwasher...it is not anchored and the force of the water dislodges it and it ends up burning on the heat coils that are in the bottom of the dishwasher...it stinks up the house for hours.I have explained this and asked that people put it on top shelf and anchor it with something heavier....I put a note on the dishwasher...nothing works...they continue in their lack of common sense.

My manager(new)orders grocerys for the 4 clients I prepare meals for .I have given her several suggestions of healthy meals I prepare(have been there 4 years)I list the ingredients I use, tell her of the condiments we use,drinks they prefer(two diabetics)....So what does she order...cans of vegetable and some hamburger....How am I supposed to make meals out of this? where are the potatos and noddles...a little variety of protein..some beans?Ham?she did order some hotdogs and 2 small packs of instant potatoes and 4 frozen pizzas....what...this is my manager...she ordered nothing for them to drink and although we have some frozen waffles but no sugerfree syrup...enough lunch meat to last 3 days...but she wrote staff along rant about them picking up grocerys without her permission...This are grown men, they have learning disabilities but they should not be eating hambergers, hotdogs and pizza every meal....arghhhh....I want to rip my hair out....We need more common sense, not less.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/