Do you prefer communication via text message or chat?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Brundisium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jun 2011, 6:44 pm

I sometimes find when I need to have an important conversation with someone, I prefer to use text message (even if they're in the same room) because it's easier not to get lost in the countless little distractions that can slip me up in a face to face conversation.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 6:50 pm

Yep. To quote myself from another topic: "You'd never know what an utter train wreck I am in conversations based on the messages I post here." I'm still not entirely satisfied with my communication skills in e-mail and text/instant messaging, but I can think about what I'm going to say and edit myself. Can't do that in a real conversation.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 1:21 am

I hate texting almost as bad as talking. I prefer online like here or email, texting is to fast and I don't have time to think of what to say next.

js3521
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2011, 1:55 am

Chat is my preferred medium of communication. It's real time, there are no cues to read, and I can type faster than I normally speak.