Would you explain Aspergers as a one track mind type thing??

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Apr 2012, 1:16 am

if someone asked you to explain Aspergers to them, would you say that your mind is a one track mind?

meaning that when everyone else can have different ways of solving problems, you would have one idea and that idea only to solve the problem.

to me, thats the easy way to explain it. my mind seems its like a one track mind and when certain things come up, i have one idea about how to handle it.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 1:38 am

B'uhh.
Naw.
That doesn't explain my:
problems with eye contact
problems with non-literal language
sensory differences
horrible short term memory

and so forth.

to his Interest."

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 1:40 am

Are you flexible to other's opinions? I'm not so much. If their opinion is similar to mine, I'm more inclined to be flexible. If they don't listen, I get kinda angry. So, yeah, I could say that the majority of the time I have a one track mind.

And I can only handle doing one thing at a time, otherwise I lose all of my ability to concentrate, and then I want to walk away.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 5:29 am

Partly. I'd certainly mention it, but also other things that would be important. The usual stuff really.... I don't think I need to go into detail.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 6:59 am

My mum would, but I wouldn't. I'd say that I have special interests that are special to me. I'd also explain how I have problems with eye contact and I'm suspicious of certain people until I open up to them or forgive them again. I also explain all the good points about myself, in order not to sound too clinical. The world is already very clinical towards us already. I want to break that chain.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 7:01 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
My mum would, but I wouldn't. I'd say that I have special interests that are special to me. I'd also explain how I have problems with eye contact and I'm suspicious of certain people until I open up to them or forgive them again. I also explain all the good points about myself, in order not to sound too clinical. The world is already very clinical towards us already. I want to break that chain.

Agreed.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 11:00 am

Nah, not like me at all. I'm more of a "divergent thinker" and instead of coming up with one solution the problem, I'll come up with a bunch....that nobody else will think of or wanna do. Like instead of say, buying an item for a problem, I'll generally try to like, improvise the item to avoid spending money.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 11:09 am

I'd say I only have enough brain power to PAY ATTENTION to one thing at a time, and that interrupting me might be hazardous to your health. :D

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 11:37 am

Nope. I say everyone else is one track, they always solve their problems the same way, I find my one solutions and am like "Screw the System!".

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html