Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

I certianly have a few topics of intrest I find really intresting and like to learn as much as I can about....but I don't feel like I am extremly passionate about anything, even the things I am intrested in. Maybe that's just becuase of having depression as well, but yeah its just making me a little unsure if I even have aspergers. I do have the social difficulties but I don't seem to have a special intrest to focus on or any of those positive sides of it you could say.

Seph
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2011, 4:43 pm

I tend to lose my interests when I'm in a depressive episode.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

Just as depression can rob NT's of pleasure over mundane things, it can rob someone with aspergers of any pleasure from special interests.
However sometimes depression might lead to a depressing special interest instead of just losing their interest all together.
Just depends on the person..also not having a special interest can be depressing in itself, especially for someone with aspergers because it's a way to stay grounded.
If an NT didn't get to hang out with their friends for two months they would be depressed...
If someone with aspergers can't find anything to be interested in for two months they'd probably be depressed...
Could be a vicious cycle oO

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 5:07 pm

Seph wrote:

Well i am quite sure I have been having a depressive episode for the past few days....but in general I feel like I don't really have anything I am very good at.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 5:37 pm

Well, if there is something that you like doing, that's a start. But to become good at something, you have to practice it. Once you do become good at it, then you should find enjoyment in it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lauraflight757
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2011, 5:38 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Seph wrote:

Well i am quite sure I have been having a depressive episode for the past few days....but in general I feel like I don't really have anything I am very good at.

I'm similar in that I don't really have anything I am very good at but I do have special interests that I focus on to the exclusion of all else.