Were you always picked last in PE games?

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

25 Jun 2011, 12:47 am

Like, for example, in a team game like kickball where there was a leader for each side and they picked players for their team until the very last person (Which is usually a physically maladroit male geek). I was and, seriously, I thought I was pretty athletic. I always wondered, "What gives?".

(Actually, I was more often the 2nd, 3rd or 4th to last but, still, I was usually in the last 10% that got picked)

Last edited by swbluto on 25 Jun 2011, 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 12:53 am

I don't think I've ever been picked at all. Usually after the first 10 or 20 people have been picked we were always split up randomly.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 1:12 am

No. If there are two people remaining, one is chosen and the other is just left.

Whoever the other person was was picked last. I was the one who was left.

Last edited by matt on 25 Jun 2011, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 1:22 am

I was always second to last, the chap who was picked last had serious problems.

I usualy found an excuse not to attend games lessons :)

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 1:45 am

swbluto wrote:
Like, for example, in a team game like kickball where there was a leader for each side and they picked players for their team until the very last person (Which is usually a physically maladroit male geek). I was and, seriously, I thought I was pretty athletic. I always wondered, "What gives?".

Yes except for volleyball and soccer. They picked me for soccer because I use to run face first into people and the guys on my team use to love it when I did it. People feared me when they got the ball. High pain threshold finally paid off. 8) :P

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2011, 2:06 am

Everybody always picked their friends first so I was always one of the last to be picked. Then i would often score several goals per game, especially if it was basketball or handball.
When i got older the teacher almost always picked me to go play with the guys because there was an uneven number of girls and guys and i was pretty much the only one who could keep up with playing with the boys. I think the other girls could keep up with the guys too, they just seemed quite unmotivated to do so

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 2:21 am

last or second to last....

mostly because i usually wasn't friends with anybody picking.
I was pretty athletic though I think...or atleast I looked it.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 2:43 am

swbluto wrote:
I always wondered, "What gives?".

maybe it was your personality? im not saying anything about it- i dont know you- but maybe you were incompatible? i know i never got picked because i suck at sport but also because i wasnt really friends with people, i was the quiet one who never talked to or looked at people and friends tended to pick friends. maybe it was that?

?Whatever happens and even if I get beaten up a second or a third time, I will remain in the union. It is my soul,... If you knew what was happening inside the company, you would understand why I think like this.?- Spinneys workers union leader, lebanon.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 2:47 am

Always last or second to last.
I hated PE. :(

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 3:22 am

Last or nearly last. In a game of rugby I once punched an aggressive student, so hard that I broke my arm. I did not have to do PE for weeks afterward, which were some of my happiest times at high school. The other student was a little concussed but ok, he fell over and the other players who had been on the receiving end of his violent play previously all ran and piled on top of him. I got sidelined, and had to wait some time before I was allowed to go to hospital for treatment, not sure if that was because I did not seem in much pain, or that the attendant teacher was appalled at what I had done. It was so worth it to get out of PE for all that time.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 4:01 am

Yes.

The kid with the twisted leg got picked before me because she was more popular.

I later just annoyed people when I would swim faster than they expected or beat them at badminton..because there were no teams for those.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 4:03 am

We normally had to get into pairs and there was always an odd number. I was the one with nobody to pair with. The teacher used to get cross with me for telling her and not just joining up into a three. She didn't seem to grasp that I'd tried but they all said no. Then she'd tell me to join a particular group and for the rest of the lesson I had to put up with the resentment oozing out of them at this imposition.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

25 Jun 2011, 4:07 am

I was typically last chosen. I also sucked at most things athletic.

I also hated PE so much. I would have done anything to escape.

Last edited by Verdandi on 25 Jun 2011, 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 4:08 am

Our PE teacher always did numbers. He go "one two one two" and all the ones were a team and all the twos were the other team. Sometimes he have us count one two or count one to four depending on how many teams there were and so I was never really picked last. I always hated when the teacher had all of his students pick their own partners and I'd always be last. So the teacher always had to put me in a group for me. Only time it was easy was when there was even amount of students so whoever was the last one standing without a partner was my partner. But that was rare.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 4:10 am

Nearly always last, but I can understand why; not very popular and not very good at sports. I was only really miffed because nobody likes the idea of being picked last, otherwise I didn't care too much as I wasn't interested in participating and didn't make any effort to do so.

What made me object much more was the stupidity of making us all go out and play football or rugby in all weathers. It made for a very miserable time being forced to go out in the mud, sleet and freezing winter air for something I had no interest in. Followed by the even more hideous communal showers and slimy changing room floor.

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jun 2011, 5:59 am

Yes. Always.

Not that I cared.