Are you an organized person?
Yes, OCD 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Yes 29%  29%  [ 8 ]
No 54%  54%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 28

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Jun 2011, 12:23 am

I was looking through all of my cluttered shelves and other storage areas when I kept spotting a familiar, green thing. I kept finding it all over my room, and I even found it in clean clothes in my dresser.
It was cold hard cash.
I have no idea why, but my money is always scattered around. Not only did I collect every single cent I found, but I counted it.
I managed to find about $61.31.
Anyone else have their money or something else scattered?

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 12:26 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
I was looking through all of my cluttered shelves and other storage areas when I kept spotting a familiar, green thing. I kept finding it all over my room, and I even found it in clean clothes in my dresser.
It was cold hard cash.
I have no idea why, but my money is always scattered around. Not only did I collect every single cent I found, but I counted it.

At your age I was scattered....now that I am older I am more organized however I didn't realize it's importance until around 11th/12th grade maybe....but took me til college to get it down.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

liveandletdie wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
It was cold hard cash.

At your age I was scattered....now that I am older I am more organized however I didn't realize it's importance until around 11th/12th grade maybe....but took me til college to get it down.

Well, maybe I should be more careful since I'm entering the 10th grade. 8)

Wooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2011, 12:40 am

When I was a kid my room used to look like some post apocalyptic disaster movie scene - with a just navigable path from the door to my bed. My mom would lose it every few months and I'd have to clean it up else get flogged.

Nowadays, at work any area I'm working within ten minutes looks like a bomb went off in my toolbox - ie. it's entire contents scattered over a wide surrounding area. When I reach the point where it's taking about 5 minutes to find each tool, then I tidy up and put everything away nicely - ten minutes later it's all a mess again.

My computer desk is the same, and I don't use the wardrobe or clothes drawers in the bedroom - all my clothes live in a plastic clothes basket, or are variously hung on doorknobs, backs of chairs, coathooks and the towel racks in the bathroom. Every now and then when my wife is doing laundry she makes me check them all to work out which are dirty or clean (I should point out that I quite often do the laundry too). The other day I mentioned to my wife that I hadn't seen my favorite shirt for about 2 months - she led me to the wardrobe and opened the door and there was my shirt. She had this strange look on her face... 8O

AbleBaker
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jun 2011, 1:00 am

I'm very organised but it doesn't always look that way to other people. My things might look like they're in a mess but everything is where I put it for a reason.

Last edited by AbleBaker on 29 Jun 2011, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 1:07 am

I keep my money organized. I keep important documents organized. I keep my computer stuff organized. Everything else is a mess though.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 1:20 am

SammichEater wrote:
I keep my money organized. I keep important documents organized. I keep my computer stuff organized. Everything else is a mess though.

Same I'd call myself semi-organized.... Everything is in it's place... but they are just haphazardly thrown about in their places except for important things

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

27 Jun 2011, 2:37 am

I find organization extremely difficult.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 2:52 am

I don't know, I suppose I'm organized. I mean, I can find what I'm looking for most of the time, but if any one else were looking about all they would see is seemingly random piles of stuff. Some areas such as my work bench are usually completely covered in junk, I can't be creative at a clean table. Though, it's not really messy, it's just not organized the way most people would organized.

However, all of that is different when it comes to the kitchen, my kitchen is always clutter free and carefully arranged with everything neat, clean, lined upped and in it's place. My bathroom is the same way.

I'm not sure why those two rooms are different then everywhere else.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 3:12 am

I am very organized. My room is always extremely clean. Everything on my computer is very organized too. I have a million folders and sub-folders for a ton of different things, so I can always be sure that I'll be able to find what I want if I want it.

From what I've seen, many people with AS aren't very organized, and according to my psychiatrist that's one of the main reasons why I can't have AS, since I'm so organized.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 3:16 am

dunbots wrote:
I am very organized. My room is always extremely clean. Everything on my computer is very organized too. I have a million folders and sub-folders for a ton of different things, so I can always be sure that I'll be able to find what I want if I want it.

From what I've seen, many people with AS aren't very organized, and according to my psychiatrist that's one of the main reasons why I can't have AS, since I'm so organized.

That level of organization is too extreme for me to understand! :hail:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 5:06 am

I feel inclined to comment as having OCD does NOT make one organized or a perfectionist. In fact people with OCD are more often disorganized. Neat freaks generally do not have OCD. They are compulsively neat, there is a difference.

When people with OCD need objects to be aligned a certain way or something to be in a certain place, it is not about neatness or organization. It's about a feeling of ill ease or fear which is based in not logic or necessity but white matter abnormalities and other anomalies in their brain structure.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 6:54 am

I'd say I'm 1/3 organized. I like to put things away in their proper places but very often fail to do so. I even failed to think up a new arrangement for the kitchen stuff (dishes, plates, cutlery etc.) to move them from their temporary place to the final. It took months for me to do so, I was so accustomed with their "temporary" places...

I also have a tendency to clutter my rooms, and I can and want to find everything I drop anywhere exactly on the same spot where I've previously placed it. I remember complaining to my grandma thanklessly who was a clean-freak whenever she moved my stuff a little during her cleanings. :oops:

Semi-order is the clutter that remains virtually untouched for weeks or months. I can almost find everything in it. :)

identity
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 7:37 am

Chronos wrote:
I feel inclined to comment as having OCD does NOT make one organized or a perfectionist. In fact people with OCD are more often disorganized. Neat freaks generally do not have OCD. They are compulsively neat, there is a difference.

When people with OCD need objects to be aligned a certain way or something to be in a certain place, it is not about neatness or organization. It's about a feeling of ill ease or fear which is based in not logic or necessity but white matter abnormalities and other anomalies in their brain structure.

I'm glad someone said that. I have OCD but I wouldn't say I am a tidy person. I like to have things a certain way but more often than not it doesn't look neat to others. Also, I get miffed if someone moves my stuff :roll:

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 8:39 am

i dont really take any effort to clean or organize my room untill i have spawned a new life-form; but i do know where everything is.
i can usually find whatever i need within a minute or two, even if others seem to think a bomb exploded...

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 11:17 am

Organized. hmmmmm . . . orrrrrr - an - iiiiiz - ed . . . that word - I think I've heard it before, but NEVER has it been used in describing me! :lol: