Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SteamPowerDev
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jul 2011, 3:34 pm

And that means fireworks. Everyday, at all times, the cracks, snaps and explosions of fireworks. It rattles my nerves and sends me into a very snappish mood. It's also affecting my sleep. I hate this holiday.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 3:42 pm

Earplugs are your friend. Movie theatres are usually deserted on the 4th. The mall. A 24hr diner. If all else fails, headphones and your favorite music is a godo way to pass the day. This is the first year my kid isn't holding her ears and jumping in my lap at every snap, bang, boom...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 3:49 pm

Well fire-works are illegal/banned in the state of Colorado where I live for the most part....and the fines are rather ridiculous I find it a little ridiculous that they are illegal in Denver I mean what is going to happen? I don't really think a sidewalk/road or brick building for instance is going to catch fire if a fire work touches it. It is however perfectly understandable in the mountains because its dry with lots of trees and there is an extreme fire hazard warning in effect.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 4:04 pm

I have the exact same feeling about fireworks on the 5th November here in England. But of course, it isn't just the one night; the bangs start some weeks before because some idiots can't wait, and then for a few weeks following when the same idiots use up their surplus. Idiots.

The lower the IQ the louder the disturbance to other peoples lives. It's pathetic.

I'm glad I got that off my chest now :)

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 6:20 pm

Yes, I feel it's my duty to put up with noise on the holiday itself; it's the week of practice before and the week of using up the surplus after that get to me.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 12:37 am

I love, love, love fireworks, New years and the 4th of July are my favorite holidays by far.

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 12:45 am

They never really bugged me all that much.

bergie
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jul 2011, 12:49 am

I love the smell of burnt fireworks

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Jul 2011, 3:14 am

Hate fireworks, more so the non-professional ones. I just don't get them, what enjoyment do you get out of a loud bang noise? Makes me feel like I'm in a war zone or something. And what is the need of setting them off at 3 in the morning?

I'm not a big fan of holidays in general either. At this point of my life, I've grown dislike most of my family and their drama.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 8:25 am

I like fireworks, and fire in general, I like to stare at the flames flickering. Apart form New Year we celebrate 20th of August (tribute to King Saint Stephen, the founder of the state) with fireworks that starts at 9 p.m. and thankfully finishes before sleep time.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

05 Jul 2011, 8:42 am

Fireworks are too bright for me, but I love roman candles.

WHY OH WHY ARE THEY BANNED IN OREGON? :cry:

Eternity29
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2011, 9:42 am

If fireworks were silent, I'd love them. It's the noise they make that I hate.

That's why I prefer sparklers! :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 5:02 am

somebody needs to invent silent fireworks. :idea:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 4:32 pm

My brother in law has a neighbor who suffers from PTSD and he hates fireworks because of his PTSD. So my brother in law does his fireworks out in the trees the trees and the bushes cover just to be nice. The man wears ear plugs or uses noise canceling headphones and watches TV and does not come out on that holiday.

They're not banned in Oregon, only up in the air ones are. My guess is that the reason why up in the air fireworks are banned is maybe because they are fire hazards. But people in the Portland area drive up into Washington and get them and bring them back down here and shoot them off. My husband's old boss does that and I even recorded the evidence on the movie camera on accident while I was filming my son. He was talking about it when I had the camera on so it's not like I took it out and turned it on when he started to. But last year we saw my sister in law's and inlaws' neighbors get busted. We were going home and we see these neighbors light up their firework and we see a police car. Right after they lit it up, he drove over to them. he had waited for them to light it up to bust them. I wanted to go back and watch but my husband told me it would make it look bad because it would make it look like we were with them. There are even more police out on the roads on this holiday and I bet because they know people go up into Washington and buy them and light them off down here. So they go patrolling around the neighborhoods looking for people to bust. Plus I bet people have parties and drink because I have seen signs for DUI so officers are out looking for that too. I have no idea how much the fine costs for illegal fireworks.

I have always loved fireworks but now I don't really care for them. I am not as into it as much I was when I was a kid. I see it more as a kid holiday even though it's for everyone. Plus it's expensive. I never liked up in the air fireworks only all that much because they always bored me, I liked other fireworks that did different things but if they only did up in the air ones, I found that boring. Just like I found parades boring if there was no candy. But I never really did fireworks for the New Years. I have watched them a few times and my brothers did it a few times when I was in high school. I never really cared for them for that holiday. My family never did it is why and I didn't even know it existed until I was 11. That was also the first time I saw them going off from people in another neighborhood. Then I went back inside and went back to watching TV because I didn't care for them.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

08 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

auntblabby wrote:

That would be awesome.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 7:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:

But the boom is my favorite part....