Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Buck-oh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2011, 4:31 am

To7m wrote:
I have friends that do stuff like this... makes me wanna kill them a bit

I hope you're exaggerating (about the killing them "a bit" part).

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 4:42 am

My guess is the reason why people exaggerate is because they are going by feelings. Sometimes it feels like no one likes you so you say "everyone hates me" despite that you family still loves you and you have at least three friends. But they may not mean that at all, they may mean everyone else but their friends and family. But it's still an exaggeration because do their neighbors hate them, what about strangers or their teachers? I doubt it. It's just a feeling so they are expressing it.

Sometimes something does seem like all the time so I may say it happens a lot even though it has happened only let's say three times in one year. I try not to exaggerate and think of the facts. I( often question in my head here how often members here really have the same issues with other people and how many of them actually do give them trouble? I have an autistic friend who is always complaining about people calling him a pedophile and I used to think it happened all the time but it turns out it does not and it only happened in the chat room here and when he went to college. So it was only those two times and it doesn't happen everyday or every week or every month. Now I doubt everyone now who acts like things happen all the time to them because it could be just one or three people that did it or just one person or a group of people so the aspie now assumes everyone thinks that now about them. I often feel that way about myself. If one person misunderstands me, oh no I am misunderstood, people find me confusing and don't understand me. If one person had the balls to call me out, how do I know how many others think it too but didn't have the balls to say anything? I think that's where exaggerations come from. Just from experience and assumptions and feelings.