Autism can not see the forest for the trees

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

sharkattack2
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Mar 2017, 10:20 pm

I have been some what lucky I had a job last 14 years and then the next lasted 3.5 the two jobs closed.

Since November 2015 I have been outside of my comfort zone I am in my 3rd job since then through employment agency.
First job with an agency I quit first time in my life I ever quit a job it was doing me no good.

New employment agency I told them about my autism and they placed me in a job the pay was bad but the work was really easy.
Bullied by supervisor I decided to leave manager begged me not to as I was a really good worker I stuck to my guns and left.

New job with the same agency first 3 days have been Hell totally out of my comfort zone.
Last two days and the job has clicked in my head.

As for my thread title can not see the forest for the trees I will explain it.

First 3 days I felt stupid and worthless the negative emotion was overpowering.
Tonight I am thinking clearly.

The point of my thread?

It's true along with not understanding other peoples emotions we don't understand our own.

My negative emotion strikes it's best to not act on it maybe wait a day or two and see how you feel.

Being impulsive has caused me so much stress.

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

31 Mar 2017, 11:22 pm

I understand about being impulsive. It's usually not good.

Good luck with your job. I recently started a new job and one of the employees was a little pushy for a while. After a few times I pushed back and since then he's been friendly. I think he was just trying to figure me out and push some buttons. Now I see he talks to everyone and that is kind of his sense of humor, sarcasm and pushy.

sharkattack2
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2017, 1:12 am

Yes it's so true we live and learn.