About 1-3 times a month 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
About once a week 7%  7%  [ 10 ]
About once a week 16%  16%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 153

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 1:35 pm

I am not really into video games. I mean, I have a Wii, but I'm not attached to it or anything. I like it, but I could easily live without it. I play some games on the computer sometimes, mostly virtual reality type games, such as Roller Coaster Tycoon.

So, is anyone else not into video games all that much?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

21 Jul 2011, 1:37 pm

I am intermittently attached to video games. This past six months I haven't really been attached, although I suspect I will be again by this winter.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 1:37 pm

I haven't avidly played video games for quite a while now, I've lost interest.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 1:42 pm

I do. But the only time I play video games anymore is with friends. Still, that's kinda often by most people's standards.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 1:42 pm

Can a modetor please delete the poll?

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 1:43 pm

I don't. My kids were so good at them I never got chance to play for more than twenty seconds and I got bored watchingfor the next two hours. You can only take so many tanks getting blown up on a
virtual battlefield. Aslo Tomb Raider graphics and similar made me feel dizzy, like car sickness when watching for prolonged periods.

Cassia
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

I don't. Well, I almost never do. A few months ago I played Katamari Damacy at a friend's place, and I think that was the first time I've played a video game in years.

Now convinced that I'm a bit autistic, but still unsure if I'd qualify for a diagnosis, since it causes me few problems. Apparently people who are familiar with the autism spectrum can readily spot that I'm a bit autistic, though.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 3:10 pm

I selected rarely or almost never, but I meant that by Wii, Playstation, Nintendo, PSPs, and so on. None of that interests me at all. My 10-year-old cousin lives on his Playstation 3, and plays those war games or football games, which I find so boring! They are more for boys anyways.

The only types of games I play are computer games, which are only the Sims 2 and Rollercoaster Tycoon. But those sorts of games are more interesting than the sorts where you do racing, fighting, team games, et cetera.

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 3:36 pm

I play almost every day. xD There are some days when I'm too busy and I can't, but I make time because it's something I enjoy.

There have been times when I have quit, and I'd usually take up hobbies like drawing or reading instead. I usually go back to games at some point or another, though.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 3:56 pm

I don't own and have never owned a console--it's too expensive, and on top of that I'd have to buy a TV, too, which is something for which I have no need. I do play games on the computer. I like simulation games best--I'm hooked on the Sims right now--and I also like puzzle games like Tetris and Solitaire, and roguelike games like ADOM. (If you don't know, a roguelike is an ASCII graphics game, usually freeware, usually fantasy RPG, with one of its major features being that you can't restore from saves--so if you die, that's it. Nethack is probably the most famous Roguelike.) I like RPGs; Neverwinter Nights is probably my favorite. I haven't got the reflexes or hand-eye coordination for first person shooters and don't really like them. I don't have a lot of money so I have to choose my games carefully--usually I buy old ones that sell for $10 or less apiece. Sims 3 has been my big exception to that rule--I actually bought it only two years after it first came out, and for a full $20. I don't think I regret splurging that much--Sims 2 is better, but it's enough fun that it's worth $20.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

FearOfMusic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm

I used to play video games when I was younger but I really haven't for the past 5-6 years. I still own a Super Nintendo though, but that is just because I can't get rid of something that has a microprocessor based on the MOS 6502. :nerdy:

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 5:07 pm

I don't own a video game console. However, every once in a while, if I'm somewhere that has an arcade with a Hogan's Alley-type video game, I will usually play a game or two.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

I used to be a big gamer, but my affinity for games took a nosedive at some point. I haven't owned a console in a few years, and I haven't bought any of the current systems. I still occasionally play games on an emulator, but I still wouldn't describe myself as a gamer anymore.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

21 Jul 2011, 6:04 pm

Joe90 wrote:
They are more for boys anyways.

You can dislike them without making it a gendered thing.

Besides, they're not mostly for boys, that's just what they want you to think.

--signed, long-time gamer girl tired of gamer guys acting like women in the hobby are mutants and freaks

Callista,

Neverwinter Nights is definitely in my top five favorite games of all time. I still play it, and it's 9 years old now? It's pretty amazing it's lasted this long and still has an active modder community.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

21 Jul 2011, 6:10 pm

Touch my PlayStation 3, and die. :twisted:
Touch my PlayStation 2, you're tortured. :evil:
Touch my Wii, oh what the heck go ahead. :lol:

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 6:14 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Touch my Wii, oh what the heck go ahead. :lol:

Must resist urge to point out innuendo. :lol:

Playing video games is one of the activities I find pleasure in, so I play them frequently. Although recently I've been reading about them and watching Let's Plays more than playing them myself, as a lot of the time I'm not even interested in playing games. :(