Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 12:49 pm

sagan wrote:
Horribly. I am constantly falling into / onto things. My legs are 90% bruises... And even drinking water is an issue, have the worst coordination ever not spilling it all over me. Thank god for straws. Hehe. But I think it has much to do with attention span, never much mind what I am doing.
I thought I was the only who can't drink water without spilling it hehe.

WickedLucid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Aug 2011, 1:38 pm

pree10shun wrote:
sagan wrote:
Horribly. I am constantly falling into / onto things. My legs are 90% bruises... And even drinking water is an issue, have the worst coordination ever not spilling it all over me. Thank god for straws. Hehe. But I think it has much to do with attention span, never much mind what I am doing.
I thought I was the only who can't drink water without spilling it hehe.

Hi, My name is WickedLucid, and I have an adult size sippie cup. The healing can now start.

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 1:39 pm

I am certainly clumsy. But I have issues with the cranial nerves as well, so that does affect it.

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

I have a habit of spilling coffee (it jumps out on its own, I swear!) and bumping alongside the corners of walls and doors. These days I don't even remember how I get so many bruises on my legs.
And I've finally given up on walking beside my mom when we're out, because I kept veering into her all the time.
But that's pretty much it.

Annmaria
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

WickedLucid My daughter does dancing, soccer, swimming etc and is very good at it. She is 15yrs nearly 16. When she was younger she would be behind her peers in sports but she has determination and now she has reached a high standard in all of the above.

We have a great relationship and I don't give her a hard time over her difficulties but I do know that she can get embarrassed when she is at school as it happens so often. We have a giggle and laugh at home. When its happening at school it doesn't help with her anxiety she does have a good humour about it.

She has had her 20/20 vision check and there is but not a serious problem with her 3D vision. Could this be cause?

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2011, 3:48 pm

it is not uncommon for me to be walking down a hallway and have my shoulder drag against the wall. I also bump into people. and my hips are a terror, knocking s**t off every surface imaginable.

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 4:35 pm

Every physical thing I can do I've become good at through lots and lots of practice. I used to be bad at almost all sports, the only exception being dodgeball, where I was good at the dodging part but horrible at the catching part. In other sports, I became good at the physical aspect (general fitness, speed and strength) far more than the technical aspect. A year or seven ago, I came to know my now-best friend, and he's been a huge help to me. Through years of simply playing sports with me rather than continuously criticising me, I've actually become fairly good at the technical aspects of (European) football and table tennis, and acceptable at many other sports.

And then there's dropping things, bumping into things, spilling things, falling down things. Man I've done them all.

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2011, 5:16 pm

I bump into things a lot, even doorways, chairs, desks...all kind of things. I'm really bad at ball games, as well, I can't catch balls or throw them or kick them. Table tennis is the only ball game I'm okay at (not good, just average okay but defnitely not bad).
But I also tried some sports and I do very well at sprinting (either running or swimming).
And though I'm not really good at dancing per se, it's my favourite sport to engage in: Taking dance classes which involve choreography and step by step learning and instructions like Ballet (but also others). I'm a quick learner and my rhythmical timing is accurate enough but keeping my balance and sometimes left-right switching cause me troubles.

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2011, 5:46 pm

Oh, I forgot about that. I'm impossible at catching things. Toss anything at me and 98% of the time it'll land on my chest or I'll fumble it out of my hands completely. God forbid it's a ball outside-- it flies right by my head.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 9:49 pm

Extremely clumsy. When I lived at home, my mum bought Denby crockery because it was tougher and supposedly puddingmouse proof. I am always spilling things and bumping into things. I have vertigo as well and can't climb ladders. I fall up stairs. I can't walk next to people without veering into them. I take people's eyes out with my umbrella. I accidentally elbow my partner whilst making out.

My dad would SHOUT at me for spilling things. I was terrified of my own bodies incompetence. He'd treat me like I was doing it on purpose. He now knows I have something wrong with me neurologically.

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 2:13 am

puddingmouse wrote:
I take people's eyes out with my umbrella.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Most people are completely unable to handle umbrellas. I'm fairly tall and I can't count the number of times someone almost took my head off with one of those things.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

i keep getting food/drink down the wrong pipe.

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 3:31 pm

Well, this morning I took out one of the little shelf-thingies in our refrigerator when trying to put something back and this afternoon I bumped my knee pretty hard on my desk, so I'll just add that to the list.

Hauge
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2011, 11:01 pm

As a tech i often have to develop "getarounds" to compensate for bad motorskills. - Using a soldering iron was quite a challenge! That's until i learned to use both hands to control the iron, and the lips to handle the tin... - Yep i know its poison. Thus i took a old speedmarker and coiled up the tin inside. :wink:
And then there's screwdrivers! Yesterday i had to assemble a bed for one of my daughters. Four screws and 12 drops... Ladders and handtoolls? On a good day, it can function, but i certainly get mu fair share of exercise!! ! :lol: Yep i have devellop'd quite a humour about these issues!! ! - As i learned that it take some of the bullies away... 8)

As to catching things. When in school, i sort of developed a giftedness, in avoiding getting things in my face. And, at the same time, people were learning that throwing things to me weren't that funny after all! :twisted:
No need to say, i was the last to get chosen, when having sports... - And actually, i were often allowed to sit at the line, doing some homework! And no i didn't matter at all!! ! :D

AQ=44, EQ=7, SQ=64, Aspie-quiz AS=162/200 NT=37/200