Is it normal for aspies to be paranoid?

Page 2 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2011, 7:13 pm

yup. I'm paranoid. And getting more cynical and "paranoid" as I get older.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 7:22 pm

If people have done cruel things to you in the past and continue to do so, the normal reaction would be not so trusting of people. Any so called normal person if they had to deal with that consistently would develop the same lack of trust.

I get tired of people.

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2011, 10:45 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
If people have done cruel things to you in the past and continue to do so, the normal reaction would be not so trusting of people. Any so called normal person if they had to deal with that consistently would develop the same lack of trust.

I get tired of people.

OK, I'm not normal. I'm honest, though.

And I've met more good people overall than bad, too.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 11:51 am

I am very paranoid and also don't trust anyone. I am mainly paranoid about the government being after me if you can call it paranoia.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

I am very paranoid. I got worse since I was told on WP that all people on the spectrum give off vibes, no matter how cool or sociable they are acting or looking, so it's really put me off existing. I just know that people will be out to get me because of this. I am terrified to live on my own, because of the thought of being surrounded by youths that pick on people like me who evidentally give off these vibes. I feel that because I give off these vibes, I feel that people don't respect me. They only have to look at me once and say, ''oh she looks like a stupid idiot - let's pick on her'', without no thought for my feelings. Now it's made me actually call myself a stupid idiot, since I give off vibes that I am one.

But do millionnaires give off millionnaire vibes? Do Scottish people give off Scottish vibes? Do Catholics gives off Catholic vibes? Do poor people give off poor vibes? Do alcoholics give off alcoholic vibes? Do vegetarians give off vegetarian vibes? Unless you are stereotypically dressed like or acting like a millionnaire, or a Scottish person, or a Catholic, or a poor person, or an alcoholic, or a vegetarian, how would anyone else know about your background? If you just wear clothes that make you blend in with the rest and you just act normal like the rest, how can there be any telling who you are or what you're doing with your life? If I'm able to cover up my Aspieness (which I am very able to do) then everybody (except people I know) are none the wiser about who I am. But I suppose people are still against what I tried to make myself think, so I suppose I will go on being paranoid and socially phobic.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 1:42 am

If people hurt you whenever you let them get close, it's not paranoia. That's called "learning from experience".
People are too inconsistent to be trusted.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 3:45 am

Yes, I am a little bit paranoid. But I find it necessary based on the fact that people have taken advantage of me in the past.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 9:53 am

I think I have a kind of social paranoia in the sense that because I can never tell what others are thinking or feeling I assume they don't like me because I'm different (eg, softly spoken, don't talk much, lack of eye contact, a "weird" gaze sometimes when I try to force eye contact). I need the few close friends I do have to reassure me that their friends that meet me do like me. This probably comes from not being able to read people as mentioned and also a self esteem thing, feeling unworthy of being liked or something.

Manguy89
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Aug 2011, 10:24 am

Social situations like class or work are the biggest problem I swear I can feel them looking at me and I can almost read their minds and the evil things they are planning. I guess when I let my gaurd down to much and someone screws me. I feel people unintentionlly take advantage of my helping nature and leave me with nothing but a bad taste in my mouth when I need help.

LuckyLeft
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Aug 2011, 12:21 pm

Artros wrote:
I tend to be very paranoid, especially about my friends. I've had more than enough moments where I've been naive about other people or when other people treated me badly. When I start caring about people, I'm always afraid that they will pull away. So I get paranoid about their intentions, their actions, their every move.

This. I've become paranoid of my family at times, too......

LuckyLeft
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I am very paranoid. I got worse since I was told on WP that all people on the spectrum give off vibes, no matter how cool or sociable they are acting or looking, so it's really put me off existing.

I've been in situations like these, and haven't realized it until recently. Might as well act like yourself, acting can only take you so far.....

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 2:51 pm

I guess I'm not paranoid. Rather, I think people are too many times unfair with me, and that can make me mad. Perhaps, there's a touch of paranoia in this, as I tend to assume negative attitude in them. In these situations I find it hard to stand up for myself. I think if I did it would result in too much awkwardness and embarrassment at my expense.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

I know everyone isn't out to get me. But I still take reasonable measures not to make myself a victim.

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

very paranoid. on meds to keep it at bay.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

I trust no one and refuse to be dependent on anyone why would you? Thank good for the welfare state and "socialized" medicine good god who knows where I would be if that went available to me because the pople you think you can count on you can't remember nobody cares about nobody.

These crazy tea kettle party people don't have a clue when they say family and religion should be your welfare tap , really what if you have family that don't give a %^II and you refuse to accept charity from religion ?

The ownership society your on your own more like it!

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:59 am

aussiebloke wrote:
I trust no one and refuse to be dependent on anyone why would you? Thank good for the welfare state and "socialized" medicine good god who knows where I would be if that went available to me because the pople you think you can count on you can't remember nobody cares about nobody.

These crazy tea kettle party people don't have a clue when they say family and religion should be your welfare tap , really what if you have family that don't give a %^II and you refuse to accept charity from religion ?

The ownership society your on your own more like it!

I know what you mean. Maybe one day I'll make something of myself but until then I rely a little too much on the dole. My family can't help me, they can barely help themselves and I disagree with organised religion so it would be hypocritical to take their charity. Charity from anyone tastes bitter enough as it is. Do you surf? You look like a surfer. I want to give it a try this summer.