Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2006, 10:15 am

Liking music is considered childish?? Wow, live and learn...
What, are you supposed to switch to visual arts and literature? Or just focus on your career?

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2006, 10:43 am

superfantastic wrote:
Liking music is considered childish?? Wow, live and learn...
What, are you supposed to switch to visual arts and literature? Or just focus on your career?

I think you're supposed to have kids and be all grown up and responsible and stop having fun :roll: That's what most of my contemporaries are doing.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2006, 11:34 am

Yes,Scrulie....your music taste must stay the same as when you were a teen and anything new should be considered..."that noise that teens call music"....and eventually even the Beatles will sound like noise and you can only stand the elevator version of "Give Peace a Chance"...this occurs shortly before Alsheimers strikes....its a very scarey phenominon....

Anything that doesnt involve increasing your 401,buying things to impress your neighbors,fighting the brutal signs of aging with Botox and expensive cosmetics....is considered "childish"...Thats why I refuse to grow-up(makes me want to throw-up):0

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2006, 12:23 pm

LOL Krex! I am with you 100 per cent! :lol:

A lot of the stuff 'normals' fill their time and minds with seems completely pointless to me, like some sort of charade that they feel obliged to take part in - sigh.........

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2006, 7:50 pm

Timbo wrote:
I have a tendency to do 'childish' pranks... At my school the teachers have the power to check your USB Drive for any games or other things that shouldnt be there. I made a program in VB that tells the user off for going into somebodys USB without consent and will only end if the 'promise' to stop. I disguised the program with a folder icon and called it Games. The teacher that got it wasnt too pleased.

:lol: Classic. Shame you couldn't've filme the teacher's reaction, hehehe...

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2006, 7:58 pm

I have always liked shows geared towards little kids (Caillou, Charlie and Lola, Clifford's Puppy Days, etc.). I'm seventeen years old and it's been the exact same way for me since I was a little kid. I also still enjoy playing pretend games. I've actually gotten some of my friends to enjoy that, too. In fact, we even make up games over the phone! lol Anyway, I'm hoping this is something I'll grow out of this eventually since I will be an adult soon and all. Knowing me, I probably won't be able to. It's just too much fun.

emp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 7:17 am

Milady_Firearms wrote:
Still I can't help but feel something like a loser for being so old and still playing with toys.

I only consider a person to be immature if they are immature in matters of consequence. It is fine to be silly and childish about some things if they are unimportant things -- things that do not matter.

Conversely, some adults would never play with childish toys, yet are very immature in regards to important matters of consequence. Those are the adults who have the real problem.

So provided you are mature where there is a serious and important issue to be tackled, it is OK to be silly and childish in inconsequential matters.

17 Sep 2006, 7:12 pm

I wonder if anyone on here watches Barney or likes him?

I can't stand that dinosaur because he's a humlaiting purple t-rex.

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 4:03 am

I collect soft toy animals. I think I must have over 500 by now. I really like realistic ones the most.

I also buy plastic animals and models occasionally.

Personally, I dislike the plasticky "new toy" smell (not that it stops me from buying them). It makes me feel ill.

Until very recently, I would play imaginary games with all of my toys.

I rarely have time to watch cartoons anymore, although I recently bought a lot of videos of an old children's series called Insektors, which I am planning to watch when I can.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 7:37 am

Aridarr wrote:
I collect soft toy animals. I think I must have over 500 by now. I really like realistic ones the most.

I like ones that look like real animals, rather than anthropomorphic, cartoonish ones. And I always remember being less interested in the dolls themselves than in the pets you got for them, like horses for Barbies. Early evidence of my aversion to humans, obviously...

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 7:42 am

I like to read childrens fairy-tales and like the old disney movies from 50's. No those new ones that always have the jive-talking side-kicks ugh!

Solsikke
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Aug 2009, 3:08 am

I like cartoons, dolls and Astrid Lindgren books

Stassia_Florine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Aug 2009, 1:37 pm

I love Harry Potter, but most adults like it anyway. :D

I was totally enthralled and engrossed one day at the bookstore reading a book about Super Diaper Baby (by the author of the Captain Underpants books). It was so funny too!

I like children's novels. If I had access to some I'd still read them. Maybe when I go to the library.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 1:41 pm

I'm (about to be) 23 and watch cartoons on PBS.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 2:32 pm

I know what you mean about feeling like you should be over them. I'm 21 as well, and I did feel I needed to get over my childish interests, but I never did. Now, I just...accept it. People say I need to get a life, however the way I see it, getting a social life takes too much time and energy. It's very draining. For me, anyway. I learned that forgetting about a life, I can invest my time in things I enjoy, like my collections and stuff. And if people don't like it, there's nothing I can do about it. They'll have to learn to deal with it. Just like I had to learn to deal with them when they wouldn't accept me. They still don't. In many ways, I guess, I'm still a child. I don't think I'll ever 'grow out' of it, really. It's like...it's just the way I'm...'made'.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 4:58 pm

I kinda know what you mean. Some people think I'm childish because I still watch cartoons.

SpongeBobRocksMao!