Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

viera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Oct 2011, 10:20 pm

Who diagnosed you??How long did your assessments take? and what type of tests were involved? my neuropyschologist who deals with aspergers was out of town so I went to another one and he gave me some random pictures to look at of animals and identify them. I did and he said I don't have aspergers and that I don't look ret*d!! !! I wanted to scream back at him that people with aspergers are not ret*d. I can't believe the ignorance.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

04 Oct 2011, 10:32 pm

The neuropsychologist you saw told you that you musn't have Asperger's because you don't look ret*d? *facepalm*

Jadefire
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

Sounds logical. </sarcasm>

Makes me wonder if the textbooks available when he got his certification were printed within the last few decades.

Hyram_Inesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2011, 10:52 pm

that sucks, I hope the person I see is experienced.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 10:55 pm

Did you post about a psychologist saying you didn't have AS after two minutes of talking to you? Your headshrinker place sounds like an ignoramus convention.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 11:00 pm

You need to report him to the medical board. He needs to lose his licence before his stupidity hurts anyone.

mvaughn32
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2011, 11:06 pm

When he said you didn't "look ret*d" you should have said "that's funny, you don't look like a doctor."

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 11:23 pm

LOL. Well at least he was honest. I get the feeling that most who do "quickie non-evaluations" think that but have the sense not to say it out loud.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 11:37 pm

From what I read, the neuropsychologist sounds like a McJob would suit him better.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 11:39 pm

A psychiatrist diagnosed me. I am not sure how long the assessments took. I was 12 when I got diagnosed and I don't remember any of the tests.

That sounded sounded like a quack BTW and knows very little about AS.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

04 Oct 2011, 11:58 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
From what I read, the neuropsychologist sounds like a McJob would suit him better.
Are you sure? The former neuropsych-turned-drive thru worker might ask you to look at the chicken-shaped Chicken McNuggets and insist that what you actually should eat is a Big Mac, even though you clearly ordered those McNuggets.

viera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2011, 12:03 am

btbnnyr wrote:
Did you post about a psychologist saying you didn't have AS after two minutes of talking to you? Your headshrinker place sounds like an ignoramus convention.

yes that was me..most of them them here have no knowledge/or don't care for knowledge and just want to milk money out of people diagnosing them with what they prolly don't have and don't care about what they have.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 12:03 am

SyphonFilter wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Are you sure? The former neuropsych-turned-drive thru worker might ask you to look at the chicken-shaped Chicken McNuggets and insist that what you actually should eat is a Big Mac, even though you clearly ordered those McNuggets.

Yep. There's always the possibility he would bungle the McJob as well. Is there any hope for him?

Madao
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2011, 12:18 am

I hope you didn't spend any money on that kind of assessment...that person should not be practicing.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 12:22 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
SyphonFilter wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Yep. There's always the possibility he would bungle the McJob as well. Is there any hope for him?
Yes, I think he can redeem himself as long as he takes a job that is completely unrelated to animals in every possible way. :lol:

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2011, 1:11 am

viera wrote:

yes that was me..most of them them here have no knowledge/or don't care for knowledge and just want to milk money out of people diagnosing them with what they prolly don't have and don't care about what they have.

You must live by me.