Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Nick88
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Oct 2011, 5:17 am

Does anyone hate lieing as much as i do?. I have been telling lies all week and i feel awful after telling them. It fills me up with shame and guilt.

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 5:47 am

If it fills you with shame and guilt, you have morality :wink:

Sometimes I have no problem with lying and sometimes I think it was the wrong thing to do. In some circumstances lying is better. Its absolutely relative.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 7:01 am

I don't like lying but I do it sometimes.

I've had friends tell me I should make stuff up if I go and apply for a job since I have nothing to put on an application but I just won't do it.

Samarda
Raven
Raven

12 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

Can they not lie?

It is said people with Asperger Syndrome can not lie. This is true for some but not all; there are also people with Asperger who are pathological liars, either by themselves or out of a desperate attempt to "fit in" in a world where lying is standard behaviour. Also, it is not so much an inability as a virtue; it is the being attached to truth. The inborn full and unconditional dedication to truth, which is the basis for all true science, for scientific curiosity and for justice and law.

It is nowhere more clear than in the person with Asperger who can not lie, that ethical values come from within and are not learnt from educators or influenced by social environment.

layla87
Toucan
Toucan

12 Oct 2011, 9:51 am

I hate it when people lie or manipulate other to get what they want, and or take advantage of others. It seems immoral to pretend to like someone or play a mind game then stab them in the back!
I'm very honest and straight-forward when it comes to that kind of thing.

I feel guilty that I sometimes lie to my mom about eating junk or watching tv when I shouldn't, but it's more out of fear than malice. (my mom was a bit of a hard ass on me, but I still love her)

Sometimes, as mentioned before is is relative

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 9:59 am

So why are you lying?