Quiet low-pitched sounds causes my ears to pop

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 6:52 am

Anyone else get this problem?

When somebody is walking about in the room above me, my ears feel all funny and I go all dizzy and then my ears pop, causing a sort of temporary deafness. Other people say, ''oh it's not that loud!'' and I say, ''it's not loud at all, but somehow my ears seem hypersensitive to the sound.''
Last year my dad and my uncle were fixing up a wardrobe in the bedroom above my bedroom (my bedroom is down stairs in my house), and I had to evacuate the room because the sound of banging and shuffling up above played havoc with my ears. So I had to go sit in the living-room until they had finished. But right now we are having work done in our kitchen, which is right next door to my bedroom, and there is a lot more noise but it isn't making my ears pop or anything, even though it's louder and nearer.

I find this very odd. Anyone else experience this?

V001
Toucan
Toucan

22 Oct 2011, 11:27 am

Sounds like the floor and walls are acting like a low bass drum or a megaphone for sound Iam guessing you live in a wood framed house and not whole brick house right ? Or maybe it is brick walls with wood floors ? Many can not hear that low or they feel the sound not hear it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound this talks about that type of sound

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 12:33 pm

Whispering bothers me just as much as yelling.