Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

anthonylee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

I am sick of people changing things all the time! What ever happend to " If it isn't broke . don't fix it"? Consistancy is highly under rated!

I have noticed over the years that progressive type people atempt to change the way words are pronounced! High society contributes to this idiotic nonsense to! I'm sticking with the way I have heard things prounounced for the past 40 some years....The right way!!
I well provide examples in a later post.

Why change the designs of cars so often? Why not perfect the design and just keep it?

This "Post modernism" Nonsense is responsible for much of the needless change! People on the spectrum relate better with absolutes becasue of the logical minds we posess! The irony of the subjectivness is that it is taken to extreems!! Fewer things can be taken at face value due to the changes that have taken place in society!!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 12:14 pm

I hate when they change buildings, indoors, ripping down old buildings, I hate how things are politically incorrect and how all of a sudden certain words are now insults. I want to say things the way it is, not sugar coat and coddle people because they don't want to hear the real truth. I don't mean like calling people stupid.

Heck I even used the word crippled in my post the other day when I was talking about how my mother told me I could have worse things than AS and no way was I going to be PC about that word. I am aware that word is now an insult but that was the word my mother used so me changing it would be a lie because that isn't what she said then. She said crippled, not the other PC crap words for it.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 12:23 pm

When something costs $11.99 and I pay with a 20, I EXPECT change. :wink:

Kalika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Nov 2011, 2:07 pm

For me, it depends on what the change involves - I don't mind when changes are made to work duties, but I HATE it when changes are made to the bus schedules. (because routes are always altered so that it's more difficult to get around)

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 2:33 pm

tesco are always changing their freaking stock around every two seconds :evil: :x

i go for donuts, and they've changed that section to electronics, then diet milkshakes, then whatever crap next. would it hurt so much to keep everything where it was?

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

I hate change. I have finally learned to cope with things the way they are and then somebody has to change them, creating a whole lot of extra work for me. I particularly hate it when the change is referred to as progress. That remains to be seen: it could just as well be regress, and I generally suspect it is.

Lizerina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2011, 3:59 pm

Hate would be a major understatement for how I feel about change! I despise change! I don't handle change very well at all. Actually, that's kind of an understatement as well. I don't handle change. I always sit in the same place everywhere I go. I sat in the same place on the same couch every Sunday at Sunday School through high school, it even had my name on it in multiple places, and I would get upset if someone sat in my spot and stand and stare at the person until they moved. I stick to the same way of doing things that I've always done. I use the same vernacular that I've always used. I sat in the same place on the same couch every Sunday at Sunday School through high school, it even had my name on it in multiple places, and I would get upset if someone sat in my spot and stand and stare at the person until they moved. Often times there would be someone that warned anyone that sat there that they would have to move. My youth pastor also joked about cutting off that part of the couch and sending it down to the post-high school room for me. Haha. And when something changes, I don't do well at all. Three people in my family got married this year and I graduated high school, and those are just the major changes, and also the reason I've been in the hospital twice this year.

"A great man once said 'Don't change anything...ever.'" - Adrian Monk = P

shilohmm
Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2011, 4:13 pm

the_curmudge wrote:
I hate change. I have finally learned to cope with things the way they are and then somebody has to change them, creating a whole lot of extra work for me.

This. I hate change in general, but I hate with the fire of ten thousand suns change in areas that are a struggle for me to cope with in the first place. A change in the workplace where I get moved from kind of exposed to a nice quiet hidey hole will vaguely bug me, even though I'd generally rather be in a quieter place. A change in the workplace where I get moved from somewhere quiet will make me crazy. I'm more bothered by changes in the arrangement of the grocery store (where I'm pretty stressed from the git go) than I am by changes on a road I use frequently (since driving doesn't bother me as much).

And I'm more tolerant of change I understand -- a road closed because trees are down -- and change I'm in control of. Like if they move me to a room with lots of phones ringing, I might quit, which is a bigger change for most people than being moved to a different room while still doing the same job, but is a more tolerable change for me because I chose it and it gets me out of an intolerable position.

I'm very skeptical about change for "progress," because there are dozens of cases, in past and recent history, where change for the sake of progress turned out to be extremely harmful -- or made no improvement at all (which is a negative, because the change itself carried costs, so if you change without improving the situation, that's a loss).

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 4:14 pm

How do I put this...

YES.

wavefreak58 wrote:
When something costs $11.99 and I pay with a 20, I EXPECT change. :wink:

I love people who lighten the mood. xD

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

01 Nov 2011, 6:45 pm

I hate change, but my life is one that is always changing. I've learned to not really freak out over it.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 7:06 pm

I wouldn't say I hate change. I don't like uncertainty but I do feel like I need some form of novel experience in life every once in a while. I do tend to get in a rut of inertia where its nearly impossible for me to change certain habits, but I kinda realize I will get very depressed if I never try anything new so I have to go out of my comfort zone at some point.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:02 pm

I dislike not having predictability. What I expect has far more of an affect than whether something is different. I want to be able to know what things are like beforehand.

So change itself doesn't bother me, as long as I can expect the change and so long as it makes sense to me. If it is unexpected I'll not know how to react. If I can't make sense of it, then I'll dwell on it.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 10:42 pm

When I worked in the back room of this machine shop I was in the same place for five years. They moved me between two loud vibrating machines where people could see for safety reasons. The move caused me anxiety like you would not believe. For months I suffered from my naturally high blood pressure was constantly spiking due to distress. This caused my heart to enlarge then latter it caused me to have congestive heart failure almost killing me. I was in an ICU with a blood pressure of 270/110 and with lungs filled with fluid. 8O

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 10:57 pm

Ugh. I hate change, and my life is undergoing some major changes right now (job change, move)...argh!

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

anthonylee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Nov 2011, 12:30 am

When I do make changes, they are planned! Nothing is done spontaniously! There must be a significant improvement to justify any change! Change for the sake of change is idiotic at best!!

I also hate political correctness which is another negative change! I'm not insensitive, just not selectively over sensitive!!

I also like the predictability of consistancy! I don't care to be around those who are into much change!

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 12:33 am

I hate it when the order of google and youtube search results changes. And some other types of change as well.