Do you ever get told you're not acting human?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

hockeytaz
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2011, 6:52 pm

I honestly really couldn't care less about someone having a baby. I find baby showers annoying. I really dislike talking about babies and everything that comes with them, especially child birth and the like. I think kids are gross and smelly. They make noises that bother me. I don't want to hold them, change them, feed them, burp them or any of those kids of things. I don't understand why people get so nuts about kids. I hated babysitting as a kid. I would have rather pulled my eyeballs out inch by inch. One of my cousins got pregnant and my mom was like, yay, they're having a baby and I'm like, OK, whatever, here's what I'm doing in chemistry and she was like, you're not acting human because humans care about babies. Why do I have to care about babies? I don't make them care about chemistry or hockey.

Tiranasta
Toucan
Toucan

14 Nov 2011, 6:57 pm

If I was told that, it might provoke a chuckle. 'To be Human' is a biological qualification. To group Human behaviours into 'Human' and 'Inhuman' seems fallacious.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 7:11 pm

It annoys the HECK out of me when people reproduce. It makes me angry because there's so many orphaned kids out there that no one cares about, and they're growing up alone and most likely abused and all the while these people are spewing out newborns every 2 years.

Sorry, that was kind of harsh. :\

hockeytaz
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2011, 8:32 pm

Yeah, it does seem kind of weird. As if we all have to like the same thing or something just to be human. I'd rather be an elephant anyway. They're cute and smart and don't forget stuff.

Sparx, I hear what you're saying... Kind of like the Duggar family?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 8:49 pm

Oh, yippee, another carbon consuming monster. :roll:

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 10:15 pm

hockeytaz wrote:
Yeah, it does seem kind of weird. As if we all have to like the same thing or something just to be human. I'd rather be an elephant anyway. They're cute and smart and don't forget stuff.

Sparx, I hear what you're saying... Kind of like the Duggar family?

:wall: :evil: STOP MAKIN' BABIES!! !

hockeytaz
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2011, 10:42 pm

Totally agree Sparx!

That's funny SammichEater.

Kids are weird. They smell funny. I'm not sure I ever really was one. I was more like a mini-adult.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 10:53 pm

Whatever rocks your boats. I feel differently about this issue.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

I HATE children of the human variety. Even as a young child, I found them repulsive. My parents would force me to hold my cousins becuase my aunt or uncle "just had" to have a picture for the photo album. I would have an epic meltdown about it and they figured it was better to just have me sit by the baby for the picture. I hate children of all ages. I made up my mind at four years old that I never wanted to get married, let alone have children and I have NEVER changed my mind about it, even twenty years later. I had a hystorectomy so I will never have any children.

I always felt like I was born in the wrong body. Even as young as three I remember feeling like I was supposed to be a cat. I would even have meltdowns about it and my unsympathic parents would basicaly tell me to deal with it because God made me a person. I have no idea why I never turned athiest. If my parents were hard core, holy roller fundies, I would have for sure. Anyway, I was overjoyed when I discovered the furry community, but then disapointed because most of them just seem to see the whole thing as a big joke and like to dress up as animals for fun....or have the hots for certian cartoon animals. I was always intrested in the furry community becuase I never wanted to be a person. Eventualy I had an ephinany and realised instead of wasting my time with people who want to knock up Princess Sally Acorn, I could make friends with real animals and real meerkats. My bearded dragon is my best friend. Being told I am not a human being would just be a compliment to me.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 11:19 pm

Tiranasta wrote:
If I was told that, it might provoke a chuckle. 'To be Human' is a biological qualification. To group Human behaviours into 'Human' and 'Inhuman' seems fallacious.
Exactly! It'd provoke me to unload a pile of logic on whoever accused me of that. How silly to accuse a human being of not being human! Anything a human being does is, by definition, human behavior.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

14 Nov 2011, 11:21 pm

I agree with you MagicMeerkat about being born in the wrong body. I never felt like I should have been human, what else should I have been? Not sure, but not human, that's for sure. As for being called "inhuman" only by myself, no one else has called me out on it...maybe I blend in better than I thought....good good *evil fingers* :twisted:

sogj
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Nov 2011, 2:38 am

I love kids. I've always loved kids younger than me and adults. Even now I relate much better to children than adults. I spent years of my childhood decoding the social structure that makes up childhood interactions and now that I'm an adult I don't want to relearn everything for the adult world. It's too much work.

I have two kids and feel a stronger empathetic and reciprocal relationship to them than anyone else on the planet. I can actually read their body language and facial expressions intuitively, something I have never been able to do with anyone else.

It's nice.

However, yes, I have been called "inhuman" many times because of the way that I interact with peers. I don't react properly emotionally to negative stimuli and I've lost friends over it who probably thought I was a sociopath.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 3:27 pm

my ex once called me a hybrid, this I found confusing because I consider myself to be quite human.