Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

whitemissacacia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Dec 2011, 4:02 pm

I don't know if this question has come out before (I suppose so, but anyway, not bad to pop it up again)... is there something different about autistic people's eyes? Mine are large, dark brown and really expressive (though I tend to fake my expressions most of the time, but they can be very expressive if I try to). I've read lately in these forums that autistic people's eyes are sort of shrunken in, and somewhat "dead". Mine are not, and I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 7. So I just wanted to know if I'm an exception in the aspie/autie community, or if it's true that aspie eyes are in fact "sad" and "empty".

TurnLooseTheSwans
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Dec 2011, 4:14 pm

I also have very expressive ,blue eyes but they turn dark and dull when i am depressed. I am firm believer in autistic eyes i can spot someone with asd from a mile

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 4:15 pm

Show us your eyes.

dogslife
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2011, 4:23 pm

I've read that spectrum eyes tend to not be symmetrical.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 4:26 pm

My eyes usually look quite sad although I can occasionally get some expression in them. They don't look dead though. It seems to depend.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 4:26 pm

They are probably talking about the Aspie Stare that is not focused on their eyes.

whitemissacacia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Dec 2011, 4:27 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
They are probably talking about the Aspie Stare that is not focused on their eyes.

What do you mean with "aspie stare"? Could you describe it?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 4:36 pm

It's when you're looking in the direction of someone while talking to them, but your eyes are not focused on the plane of their face. You're looking at a plane between you and them or beyond them, and it looks disconcerting to the other person. And even more so if you are not blinking much. I was thinking that unfocused + unblinking might be described as "dead eyes". If you are also staring with eyes wide open at some object beyond them, then that would look even more "dead".

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 4:38 pm

From looking at how someone looks out at the world you can see where they keep their monsters. Crazy people keep them in front of their eyes, for example. Autistics don't keep monsters in the same way so they look out at the world in a different way.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 4:39 pm

I tend to do this stare when I'm not reminding myself to focus on people's faces.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 4:42 pm

Let's see more aspie eyes.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 5:45 pm

hmm seems bout time for a new picture of myself/my eyes, so I might as wel once I get a hold of a camera.

so an older pic should work for the time being. Still like from 2-3 years ago :/

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 6:19 pm

All NTs have purple eyes, all exactly the same shape and size, but if one's eyes are slightly bigger or are brown, green or blue, they are Aspies.

Sorry that was sarcasm. I am not a believer of having eyes that give away your persona. Eyes are eyes, I don't believe in ''Autistic eyes''. Mine are normal-sized, and just blue. If I was NT they would have been exactly the same. Both my parents and my brother have blue eyes aswell, so I always considered I got these eyes because I come from a mostly blue-eyed family.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 6:28 pm

Sounds like a research topic.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

02 Dec 2011, 7:07 pm

bumble wrote:
My eyes usually look quite sad although I can occasionally get some expression in them. They don't look dead though. It seems to depend.

Those sad-ike eyes are alot like how mine are most of the time. People tell me to stop looking all depressed, when I'm not.

AnonymousPasserBy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2011, 7:18 pm

My eyes have an odd kind of brown colour and they are indeed sad and somewhat empty.
And I hate them.