Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Ollytheaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2011, 12:23 pm

I don't know about you guys but I find myself pointing out peoples imperfections to their faces, I will find a fault or flaw in their personality or it might be something to do with their appearance and I will tell them and I don't have a clue why I do this because I know that it pisses people off because they don't want to hear their own perfections but I feel the need to do blurt it out and let them know! Does anybody else do this?

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 12:41 pm

I had it happen to me by another aspie and even though I knew they had flaws but I never point them out because I give other aspies latitude and don't make mention of anyones fault. I accepted the other person as they are and though things were ok. Surprise!! !!

agnes_nitt
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2011, 1:48 pm

I used to do that too, but in a jokingly way. I was doing the same for myself, and let people do the same about me so I wasn't seeing the harm.
Eventually, I noticed that people hated that (however, I don't remember how) and stop it. It was really difficult because I had trouble to know what I could say or not, but mainly because it was a need, like you.
They stop pointing my flaws, so I guess it was like a fight for them, but I don't know why they hated that so much, for my part I want to know what my flaws are!
Anyway, I think they like me better now…

SylviaLynn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 3:47 pm

I've done that in my younger years. It's really not a good idea because unless you're asked specifically to comment it's really none of your business. This is one of those things that's best kept to yourself. Otherwise, I tell people don't ask me if you don't want the truth.

10 yo dd on the spectrum

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 4:21 pm

I used to, but I generally censor myself unless I'm w/ friends who are generally okay w/ bluntness.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 9:22 pm

I don't ever remember doing that. That is very cruel and I care about other's feelings.
Why would you point out something they can not control?
Do you not think about the person's feelings?
Would you like them to treat you that way.?

Everyone has imperfections. You should keep your thoughts about their faults to yourself

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 9:46 pm

I also accept other people as they are, and I don't point out imperfections in other people. I know that I don't like it when other people do that to me, so I don't do it to them.

NZaspiegirl016
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2011, 9:48 pm

I don't actually do this in front of the people. If I don't like them, I complain at home. When I first broke my friendship with my then best friend because she was a liar and a thief, my form teacher asked me why and I told her. She went to talk to the other girl, and and she pretended to be innocent, and my form teacher believed her because she believes everyone. Because I misunderstand stuff sometimes, she says "Oh, it was just a misunderstanding" or something like that.

Anyway, the point is I only complain about others, imperfections or otherwise, at home.