Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 5:27 pm

http://pregnancyandbaby.com/pregnancy/b ... sm-966.htm

guess what ? some kids at school were used to call me " the shorty with the big head".

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 5:36 pm

My mother says that when she got an ultra-sound of me, my head was much larger than normal.

SilentBedlam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2006, 5:55 pm

Mine too. She said the first thing she noticed was the shape of my head, larger, perhaps.

There is nothing about these perplexing and morally insensitive humans that cannot be solved with the aid of a heavy machine gun.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 5:59 pm

My AS son had/ has a huge head; he was diagnosed with IUGR because statistically his head was so abnormally large compared to the rest of his body (he actually didn't have IUGR). I had to stand up to push him out because my hip girth was not wide enough otherwise... ouch!

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 6:04 pm

There are good reasons for evolution to try to make humans with bigger heads. A lot of us are ALMOST smart enough ;l

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 10:39 pm

My head is quite big, not abnormally big, but very big, and everybody in my family has a big head as well...

People used to call me Bom Bom Bum:

Image---> Bom Bom Bum

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 10:59 pm

I have got an average sized head I think but it is much bigger than my dad's. I tried my dad's hat on once and it was way way too small for me. (the hat that is, not the head)

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 11:11 pm

may it be that all autistics have big heads but not all people with big heads are autistic?

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 11:30 pm

Actually, my head isn't large. But Aspies do have average or higher intelligence, compared to the general population, and wider head dimensions have been correlated to higher intelligence by scientific studies...until there is a scientific study directly linking wider head dimensions to Asperger's, you have that possibly true inference to go on...

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 1:24 am

I think I may discover I would have a well domed head if I shave all my hair off

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 3:46 am

Considering Homo neanderthalensis (neanderthal man) had a cranial cavity roughly 10% larger than today and the theories that autism causes "prehistoric-appearing" physical traits its possible.

But like I said neanderthal man had a much larger head and brain but wasnt any smarter really.. the experiments that correlate head size with intelligence have all returned distorted and inconclusive results.

In the end though cranial dimensions dont matter its the complexity of the frontal lobe not the overall size of the entire brain that determines intelligence.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 3:57 am

I have a big head, both literally and figuratively. My head is somewhat large for my otherwise small body, and I have a gigantic ego.

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 4:03 am

Quote:
and I have a gigantic ego

We know :wink:

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 6:24 am

Fraya wrote:
Quote:
and I have a gigantic ego

We know :wink:

His ego is being held up by my father's constant farting.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

08 Oct 2006, 2:44 pm

I actually have a small head. Go figure.

Remnant wrote:
There are good reasons for evolution to try to make humans with bigger heads. A lot of us are ALMOST smart enough ;l

Actually, there is much more of an evolutionary reason to go for smaller heads. Human heads are already so large that childbirth is very difficult and painful for humans (compared to most other mammalian species) even though human babies are born comparatively premature compared to those of other primate species. Any larger, and humans would tend more and more towards being unable to give birth. (The advent of modern childbirth, which means that many, many fewer women die giving birth, has been around for far too short a time to have any impact on evolution.)

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 6:22 pm

My head is the size of some peoples' waists. I don't wear hats other than skull caps for this reason as it's hard to find women's sizes that fit.