Do you care about your body and your looks?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jul 2012, 12:02 pm

I walk with whatever clothes I own, my body Is kinda skinny and not really healthy looking. I think that's the reason why people usually ignore me. There's a saying that If you have no respect for your self, nobody's gonna respect you. I think that's because of how I was raised, my sister always was taking care of me, I was kinda girlish looking, my father was always busy and I didn't have much contact with him, that's why now I kinda lack of manliness, was bullied at school because of how I didn't resemble a boy.

oceandrop
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jul 2012, 12:27 pm

Being aware of that is good, it means you have identified something you recognize could be improved.

I knew a couple of skinny guys in high school who are now on my facebook (10 years later). They bulked up some and have six-packs and look good (and like people to know it by posting topless pics on facebook lol).

Clothes are easy to change too. You can get ideas from GQ magazine or from celebrities you like the style of. All this is changeable you can look as good as you want.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:05 pm

I try to look respectable, and although I don't overdo it, I don't underdo it either, which makes me just lurk around average and should just blend into the background when out in public. Obviously this doesn't work on me though, since I still catch everyone's attention and be singled out (or so it seems).
I care about my looks too. I make sure my hair is always washed, and that I'm well groomed and don't look over the top for my personality but not too ''freaky'' either, again just average and presentable enough to not stand out or ''look funny''. My hairstyle is how most girls have it these days.

I care about hygiene too, I like to keep clean. I also put lipstick on, but I can't be bothered with eye make-up. I might start to put a bit of blusher on my cheeks, just to bring out some colour on my face.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

Joe90 wrote:
but I can't be bothered with eye make-up.

That's too bad. Good eye makeup on a woman is probably the most exquisite, spine-spiking, visual effect on the planet.

I'm not judging, I could do much better than currently.
I do get eyeball'd a lot (about 40% of opposite gender walk-bys) but my real answer is NO, I don't really much care about my body or my looks.
But fortunately imma man so I can get away with it. =)

When I actually dress well I get eyeballed by 100% of both sexes, which is waaaay too much attn for me.

(and yes, I check my fly, it's not that) =P

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:26 pm

I try to shower everyday, shave most days I'm going out places, etc.

As far as my body, I like being skinny, and I like being in good health. I don't really do bodybuilding stuff, though I do like lifting for strength. I'm 195 right now and I'd like to be at 180 or 175, I'm 20% BF, so hopefully drop down to 10% or so. I'm into athletic pursuits, but I don't really like bodybuilding, I figure just get strong and I'll get muscles anyway, but I like being as lean as possible, partially out of like, power to weight ratio for athletics, but also because it just feels nice. As far as clothes, I used to just have no care, but then I realized people judged me harshly. Then I switched my wardrobe to used preppy clothes. Cheap as chips (literally, like 50c a shirt) and nobody notices me negatively, and it makes me "blend in" if you would.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:30 pm

Yes, I care. In a different way than most other girls though. I look feminine with long hair and all, but I prefer to dress simple and natural. Also, I don't use makeup, since I feel really uncomfortable with it. I don't have any problems with hygiene, I shower every day.

I'm currently trying to lose about 10 kg, then I would have my ideal weight. I'm not fat, but a little chubby, I suppose. :(

Eternity29
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

How much I care about my looks usually depends on my mood. If I'm having a bad day, I'll just put my hair up and I don't bother with make up at all. When I'm feeling good, I take a little more care with my looks. I'll usually wear eye make up, a little bit of blush, and a necklace or bracelet or something.

My boyfriend and I work together, so he always knows when I'm in a good mood based on my appearance. :P

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:34 pm

I care more now than I used to. For me that means I am trying to get down to a healthy weight and usually try to wear something without large holes or stains in it. However, if I am not working that day, I usually don't shave or shower as most of the times I am just going to be working outside or going to a junkyard so I fail to see the point. My mom still cuts my hair and I don't think I have changed my look in ohh... 25 years.

kBillingsley
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jul 2012, 1:37 pm

I care about blending in, which invariably means looking my best.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:37 pm

I don't want to be fat, I like to wear clean clothes, I like to have clean hair and have it brushed. I also like to be clean, not dirty so I shower everyday or every other day depending on my mood. I also shave because I find under arm hair and pubic hair gross and I don't like dark hair on my legs. So in a way I do care how I look. Plus I suffered low body image for years because I believed myself to be fat even though I wasn't. I also wished I had smaller legs and hips and butt. I got my wish but if I get any skinnier, I will look anorexic and I find that ugly when they look that way. I find it revolting. I don't bother with make up or keeping in fashion. I just don't care about those things.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:41 pm

Only thing i care about is not becoming fat. Thats pretty much it. Personally i find all clothes equally ugly, some more than other. I dont understand it. clothes purpose to me is to keep me warm when its cold, and thats about it.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:47 pm

I don't really care about how I look any more. I just want to be comfortable.

If people don't like it then too bad for them. I just want to be left alone.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 2:20 pm

I don't care how i look but i do care about cleanliness. So my clothes may look shabby, all they need to be is loose, expedient, and comfortable, but they will always be clean. And i really couldn't care less about my body shape.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 2:51 pm

Quote:
but I can't be bothered with eye make-up.

That's too bad. Good eye makeup on a woman is probably the most exquisite, spine-spiking, visual effect on the planet.

That's how I feel about men and ties. If a man is at an event where he is supposed to wear a tie but doesn't, it annoys me. I think a tie finishes a man off. Lately the bus-drivers on my bus aren't wearing ties all of a sudden, and just hate a white shirt on, and I think they look so non-descript without their ties, since most bus-drivers have always worn ties. A tie on a man (example, a bus-driver), can make a lot of difference to his appearance. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Men in suits always catch my eye.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

Nah. The closest I come is that I have to follow a dress code for work, like that I can't wear flip flops or jeans, so I wear more formal clothes, but I don't trouble to wear make up or anything. Other than that, when I'm home, I just have on whatever's comfortable.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

Generally, yes...I think I should get my haircut more often (I get it done about ever six weeks, but it never grows enough to be able to hold it), but I keep everything else in check and I get rid of scruffy old clothes and stuff.