Finally have neuropsych testing scheduled

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

169Kitty
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2012, 11:30 pm

Feb. 15th at 9:45am.

Finally I'm getting somewhere on this. AS or something else-I just want to know why my brain is so dysfunctional.

The Dr. doing the testing called me to get more info from me and since I wasn't prepared for the phone conversation I couldn't tell her much about my symptoms. Between now and then I'm going to write down the things I notice that interfere with my life. I hope that specific examples will help me, her and my doctor figure things out. It will also be useful for my vocational rehab people. And of course useful for when my SSDI review comes up in a year or so.

NT score: 51 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

MusicIsLife2Me
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2012, 12:04 am

Hello. I was wondering if you have had any testing or consultation done prior. Meaning is the neuro testing PART of a series of tests? I am curious because I myself want to be tested but I am not quite sure how to go about it.

169Kitty
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jan 2012, 2:57 pm

I've been seeing psych professionals for a few years for depression and anxiety. It's been a long road for me partially because of mental illness and uncooperative providers who insisted everything was due to anxiety. I found a new doc who listened to my concerns and agrees something more is going on. I've done everything I can to resolve the issues my previous doc said was due to anxiety, yet they remain even after my new doc added in a medication that dramatically decreased my anxiety levels. If anything they are more pronounced because there are not other symptoms to detract from the issues I've been complaining about.

MusicIsLife2Me
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2012, 7:22 pm

I too have a dr who blames everything on anxiety . I want to confront her and perhaps I should take a friend with me the next time? I do have a colorful past. When my father died I had a break down 7 months later. So that may fall under the schizophrenia spectrum but I just don't fit much of that criteria. Except for the varying moods. But I think its because I try so so hard to go along with change. I am afraid a psychologist would diagnose me as schizophrenic because.of my hypersensitivity to pain. I have often gone into emotional spins and gone to the emergency room often just to get myself out of it. I Fo have spinal damage from a motor vehicle accident. And I got my period at ten and do believe I have endometriosus. A dr at the emergency room thought so too, before I even mentioned it. Looking at my medical records would make anyone think of psychosis. The only thing I SOMETIMES obsess over is cancer, but I watched both my parents die from it and I also have had no testing for possible endo. Should I find a psychologist who specializes in aspergers and go through some talk sessions? I feel afraid of aspergers testing because I fear no on3 will be attentive enough to listen and understand my life and my mind and just slap a label on me that's easier for them. My primary care physician does this.

169Kitty
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

Why would a doctor diagnose you with schizophrenia because of hypersensitivity to pain?? A break down after the death of someone close to you is considered a normal reaction. That doesn't qualify for a diagnosis. I worked in the medical field for 10 years and your medical history gives no indication of psychosis. Everything you have can be easily verified by testing. Worrying about cancer after watching both parents die from it is totally normal!! No doctor I know of would think you are "crazy".

Doctors have to slap on a label because insurance won't pay if there isn't a diagnosis listed. So doctors give a diagnosis down that most closely resembles what your complaint is.

I hope this helps you out some.

MusicIsLife2Me
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2012, 12:31 am

Well I have no diagnosis as to what my stomach pains are from. I started mensus at ten and ended up in hospital at 14 due to tummy pain. I do lots of research and have had a dr say he thought I matched up pretty well with endometriosis but my Fo and other drs say I am being a hypochondriac. I research and look for answers because I'm tired of hearing I am just anxious. Schizophrenia, biotch polar, manic are all easy labels for a dr to give. Less work I guess
Endometriosis is something that can only be found through laproscopic surgery. I hate dealing with under informed drs lol. I am only anxious because I feel great frustration at the way I have been treated for years.

MusicIsLife2Me
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2012, 1:52 am

Well I have no diagnosis as to what my stomach pains are from. I started mensus at ten and ended up in hospital at 14 due to tummy pain. I do lots of research and have had a dr say he thought I matched up pretty well with endometriosis but my Fo and other drs say I am being a hypochondriac. I research and look for answers because I'm tired of hearing I am just anxious. Schizophrenia, biotch polar, manic are all easy labels for a dr to give. Less work I guess
Endometriosis is something that can only be found through laproscopic surgery. I hate dealing with under informed drs lol. I am only anxious because I feel great frustration at the way I have been treated for years.