Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 9:20 pm

I like having my hair pulled lightly and don't mind people pulling my hair hard. I have a friend who likes having her hair pulled lightly, but not hard. I have heard of lots of people like this, but never a person like me. Let me clarify that I don't like it when pull just a few hair, it has to be many hairs.

Anyone else? Is this more common in AS?

I have a high tolerance to pain; like EXTREMELY high (sorry if it offends you, it seems to bother a lot people), so could THIS be why.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 9:47 pm

Wow, good for you. I hate having my hair pulled at all! My scalp is very sensitive. In fact, wearing high pony tails is painful after a little while.
Extremes are common on the spectrum, so I have read.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 10:03 pm

I'm also on the hyper-sensitive side. People are always pulling (gently) my hair because it's curly, and I hate it. And my scalp gets sore just from letting my hair get too long. :lol:
But it sounds like you are on the hypo-sensitive side. I don't see what's offensive about that.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 11:22 pm

Hair pulling isn't an AS thing, but having a particularly high or low tolerance to pain can be.

I don't like my hair being pulled just in general everyday situations, but I like it when kissing and those types of situations.

eudaimonia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2011, 11:56 pm

Yes but I do not bring this up often in casual conversation.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 12:07 am

eudaimonia wrote:

Don't try, people think it's odd. I told someone today that I would feel calm if she pulled my hair and she wouldn't do it, so I went to find a friend that I KNEW would do it, and I just found people who I didn't get along with.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 12:22 am

I hate having my hair pulled. That's why I hated getting my hair brushed when I was a child so finally my mom had it cut short because it was too much of a hassle to fight me to get my hair brushed. I still keep it cut short because if it's long, then it gets all snarly and tangled up and it's too much to brush because then it pulls. Even conditioner didn't seem to work.

tophie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Mar 2011, 12:49 am

I have a low tolerance for pain. I didn't like it when my mom brushed or cut my hair. She has a pretty high tolerance for pain though.

eudaimonia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Mar 2011, 1:41 am

ocdgirl123 wrote:
eudaimonia wrote:

Don't try, people think it's odd. I told someone today that I would feel calm if she pulled my hair and she wouldn't do it, so I went to find a friend that I KNEW would do it, and I just found people who I didn't get along with.

Yes, very much understood. There was a time when I would bring up things like hair pulling and spanking lightly with friends. This leads to various outcomes, some of which include:

old looks, giggles
strange but strong increase in feelings of kinship
spontaneous group spanking parties

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 2:27 am

I find it arousing. I love it when people play and pull on my hair.

I also have to have it tied up tightly daily or it annoys me. I only wear it down when i know someone will play with it. 8)

So I'm never in a rush

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:31 pm

I have had people refuse to do it and it bothers me. I think that these people probably HATE having their hair pulled, so assume that EVERYONE hates having their hair pulled.

ParadoxalParadigm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2012, 7:02 am

I know this is an old post...

If I don't expect it, I react violently to someone touching my hair. I understand - my hair is quirky, with cork screw curls that spring bag to place when a tress is pulled, so people want to touch. But that's ONLY in the case that it's unexpected.

However, if there's one thing I love, it's having my hair played with when I've given permission. Nothing can put me to a near comatose state as quickly as that. With my ethnic background, it was imperative that as a youth my mother kept my hair well done either every day or every other day, so the sensation of her pulling, twisting, using the comb to create a split was all pleasantries to me. And when she washed my hair! Oh boy! I loved the scalp massage! And then my father did something weird - he would use a needle and poke my scalp from time to time, no doubt to playfully torture me. But boy did I love that sensation as well, and surprised him with an, "Again, Poppi!". From time to time, he will still humor me and do that for a minute or so, poking, poking, poking gently with a needle or safety pin.

I reach Nirvana every time :D

MrMagpie
Raven
Raven

26 Jan 2012, 7:42 am

I also love having my hair pulled, and it is in fact one of my favourite stims. Few things relax me as quickly. On the other hand, I would never ask someone to pull my hair because I'm not comfortable with people touching me in a familiar way, or invading my personal space. But the idea is nice.

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 8:08 am

I love having my hair pulled, run through, combed. It's so relaxing. Even a rough pull can feel nice.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 8:52 am

I hate it.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 1:45 pm

I don't like having my hair pulled. Once within the past month or two someone sat on my hair on the bus and sometimes people lean on it or it gets stuck on something. I don't like that.

I also don't like having my hair touched by most people, especially if they don't ask first.