Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LonelyLoner
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jul 2013, 8:28 pm

I love the smell of brand new tires, new carpet, new plastic, cardboard, crayons, hamster bedding, and wet soil.

what weird scents do you like?:)

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 8:32 pm

shoe shop smell

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 8:59 pm

I liked smell of farts as a kid.

EsotericResearch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2013, 9:16 pm

I like the smells of industrial cleaning liquid and rubbing alcohol, forest after rain (not really a strange smell), nail polish, henna, and lemon ammonia. I like cool smells, ones that remind me of synthesized images of rain-slick streets emerging from a mist of fog.

LonelyLoner

20 Jul 2013, 9:58 pm

jk1 wrote:
shoe shop smell

oh I forgot about new shoes

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 11:10 pm

Toluene, but since people like to huff it it's been banned from paint shops

Filipendula
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jul 2013, 3:15 am

Levisticum officinale! Most people seem to think it smells like celery, but I think it smells like cardamom in warm butter and it makes me wish I could swim in it. I often used to ask people to smell it and to this day I've only met two people who agree that it has at least some cardamom-like tones.

Oh, I also like the smell of caves and under-stairs cupboards and warm damp sponges.

RDOS Aspie score: 115/200; NT score: 79/200

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 3:35 am

Fresh plastic.

EQ: 6.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 9:09 am

I love the smell of WD40 and certain coated surfaces on electronics.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 10:08 am

i have always wanted to smell some mustard gas because i quite like mustard.
i have always been intrigued as to what sarin gas smells like. no one has ever described it, and that leads me to become quite curious about what it smells like . but if curiosity kills cats, then it could also kill me. that only heightens my curiosity.

ok, seriously...

Dirtdigger wrote:
I love the smell of WD40

wd40 does indeed have a rather sweet and curious smell. i would not spray it into a bag and indulge in it because i can tell the smell is toxic, but the brief whiff i get of wd40 when i spray it on something is quite pleasant.

another smell i like is fresh and warm bitumen. a freshly paved road that is still warm is heaven to smell (as long as i can escape it at will).

i like the smell of approaching thunderstorms. there is a particular type of smell that is emitted from dirt newly soaked with negatively charged water droplets.
i can smell the electricity and i can smell the stale old positively charged particles being neutralized by the negatively negatively charged ice cold droplets that fall upon them. the resultant ozone smell is quite a tinny type of smell. it excites my senses.

i also like the smell around sugar refineries. it is a bizarre odor that i wish i could taste. there could be nothing food wise that could ever taste like that smell.

the lowest grades of sugar are "golden syrup" then "treacle" and finally "molasses" .

the lower order flavors are the dregs of the multiple distillations that try to squeeze the last drops of "goodness" out of the mixture, and it produces molasses, and the "impurities" are boiled off into the atmosphere at regular intervals, but they smell like heaven.

there is even one lower order sugar than molasses but i can not remember what it is called. i remember we used to buy "cowlicks" (when i was a child and my parents had a recreational farm). we had salt licks for the cows, but i remember a low order sugar block (lower than molasses) that we also dropped around the paddocks. i secretly took a fingernail full of one of those sugar licks to taste, and it tasted very bad, but after the taste wore away, the olfactory experience was delightful.

whatever. life continues to be swept up in the currents of time.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 12:00 pm

Quote:
Dirtdigger wrote:
I love the smell of WD40

wd40 does indeed have a rather sweet and curious smell. i would not spray it into a bag and indulge in it because i can tell the smell is toxic, but the brief whiff i get of wd40 when i spray it on something is quite pleasant.

You can't believe I'm that stupid do you?

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 12:16 pm

I love the smell of petrol (or "gas" to the Americans, even though it's pretty obviously a liquid). And marker pens are rather pleasant.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 9:04 pm

the leady sauerkrauty aroma of pre-emission-control [gasoline-powered] automobile exhaust.

Triple__B
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2013, 9:34 pm

Weirdly, almost all the smells above I like so far. Also, the smell of the cool air coming out of an old musty air conditioning. I used to sit on the wall units in school and just whiff.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 29 of 200
Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles. ~ Charles Chaplin

halfandhalf
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jul 2013, 9:45 pm

old lady perfume

not on old ladys though ew

motherof2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2013, 10:26 pm

burning bar-b-que brickets