Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pi_woman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2012, 10:06 pm

"Of crucial consequence is what un-, under-, and misdiagnosis in women mean in the lives of women who are AS and don't know it. One meaning is that they have no way of explaining themselves to themselves, thus no access to the support and positive sense of self they need. And, perhaps more important, more difficult, and more destructive than that, they accept the default explanations for the string of problems, setbacks, and oddities in their experiences and behavior: character weakness, resulting in a vague yet profoundly affecting belief in their own worthlessness."
-- Jean Kearns Miller, "Under-diagnosis in Women", Women From Another Planet?

On the anniversary of my AS diagnosis

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 11:16 pm

Autistic people rock :lol: (2 meanings implied)

Dr. Nolan ......about a year ago..............

ps: You're the first I've seen ( surprisingly for an aspie site )with the same listed "location" as mine :)

MisterJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2012, 11:43 pm

While not explicitly an Aspie quote, it was made by Einstein, who we can all concur was a little off the normal rocker. The quote itself is totally fitting to Auties.

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

pi_woman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2012, 12:17 am

I love it. Here's another Einstein quote that could be interpreted as an AS metaphor:
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."