Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 6:53 pm

Mixed. Few friends, but that didn't bother me so much. Plenty of teasing and bullying.. Plenty of fun time alone engaging in my interests. I have never been bored and that's priceless.

Jason

ATwistedLogic
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2012, 6:05 am

Even though I was selectivly mute throughout my childhood and got bullied a bit in school, I still had quite a few friends :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

As much of an oxymoron as this sounds, I was popular among unpopular kids. In elementary school, my friends and I didn't have much in common; we were just all misfits who hung out together - though my then-special interest in gray wolves did rub off on them somewhat. As awful as it sounds, I gradually started avoiding them in order to hang out with a girl who shared my special interest in anime and was just as passionate about it as I was.

We became best friends for a couple of years, but eventually she backstabbed me by hanging out with the popular crowd and talking crap about me behind my back. After that I started hanging out with other outcasts again, this time a group of kids who all shared my obsession with the anime Naruto. We weren't super-close emotionally, but at least their companionship made my otherwise miserable experience at that school bearable.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 3:34 pm

I was a pariah at my elementary and middle school.....bullied mercilessly and had no friends. I did have a very fun imaginary world where I spend almost all of my time......so when I wasn't being bothered by the other children I was happy. .......I liked my own little world just fine. I also played with my little sister at home. In high school things were better...I wasn't bullied at all. I went to a large and very academically competitive high school. In grade 9 and 10 I just kept to myself but in grade 11 I made my first real friend and started doing really well in school and generally became more engaged with the outside world.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 6:48 pm

<----- Bullied, beaten, misunderstood...loner...

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 7:05 pm

I don't remember much of my childhood - I went beyond outcast, I was so unaware of the existence of other people that I don't think anyone bothered to try to interact with me - at school or at home I just occupied myself with my own little world, I remember liking nature a lot so lots of playing outdoors. I remember starting to interact with kids a little when I was around seven - one was a boy who I liked and whose father used to be friends with my father, the other was a girl I liked but who was 'popular' so had nothing to do with me. I had a best friend who was raised with me like a little sister, I think without her and another friend who forced herself upon me I'd not have really talked to other children at all and I'd not have had any friends outside school - although I still preferred to be on my own playing in my garden.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

29 Apr 2012, 7:45 pm

I ran around and climbed on anything and everything. In preschool through third grade, I was oblivious to social rules and played by myself. In fourth grade I started wanting friends but failed socially (until sixth grade where I made two friends). Mostly I played with my brother outside. Or video games by myself.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 1:43 am

Although I was generally a fairly happy kid, I had a lot of difficulties to deal with. I was selectively mute for a time as a child; I remember feeling a little lonely, but I was also often in my own world, so it didn't bother me as much as one might think. I may have come across as a little odd or aloof, but I never encountered serious bullying. When I finally started talking outside of home, I did manage to make a small group of friends. I did sometimes wonder why I wasn't really interested in "normal" stuff--when other boys were interested in Transformers or action figures, I was studying maps or being fascinated by traffic signals and bridges. As I got into middle school, I felt like a fell behind my classmates socially, even though I was the oldest in my class.

When I started high school, it took me a few weeks to start making friends, but I did eventually settle in. Phys-Ed class was always something of a challenge, being I am neither socially adept nor particularly athletic. In a couple classes, I tended to gravitate toward kids in the special-ed program--I felt more comfortable around them.