Page 4 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

CuriousKitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2012, 2:03 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
CuriousKitten wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
I can't stand her. She's a HUGE hypocrite. How can she say she loves cattle so much when she doesn't advocate veganism and vegetarianism IN ADDITION to what she is doing already. Maybe she just loves them on a plate? Anyway, she needs to start advocating vegetarianism and veganism or just shut up about how she loves them. In some of her books she talks about experiments she did on animals.

Another reason I can't stand her is because people are CONSTANTALY comparing me to her. I don't care if it is supposed to be meant as a compliment, I don't find it a compliment. Just because we are both autistic women who supposedly like animals, it doesn't mean we are the same person but a lot of people I know seem to think so. :evil: :evil: :evil:

She has stated repeatedly, and is quoted in the movie, that she has no problem with humans eating cattle -- that's what they were bred for and if we didn't eat them they wouldn't exist, BUT we OWE it to them to give them a good life. Her designs are engineered to do just that, and to make absolutely certain they feel no fear or pain in the end. I see no hypocrisy at all in her statements.

She has stated elsewhere that she passisonatly loves them. THAT is what's so hypocrytical. Time to get out the humaboo beating stick...

I don't see the contradiction, hypocritical or otherwise. Judging from what I've seen/read of her, I have no doubt that she's a terror when she catches someone causing them pain or fear. Beef cattle are bread to be eaten -- If nobody ate them, they would not exist.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 3:10 pm

CuriousKitten wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
CuriousKitten wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
I can't stand her. She's a HUGE hypocrite. How can she say she loves cattle so much when she doesn't advocate veganism and vegetarianism IN ADDITION to what she is doing already. Maybe she just loves them on a plate? Anyway, she needs to start advocating vegetarianism and veganism or just shut up about how she loves them. In some of her books she talks about experiments she did on animals.

Another reason I can't stand her is because people are CONSTANTALY comparing me to her. I don't care if it is supposed to be meant as a compliment, I don't find it a compliment. Just because we are both autistic women who supposedly like animals, it doesn't mean we are the same person but a lot of people I know seem to think so. :evil: :evil: :evil:

She has stated repeatedly, and is quoted in the movie, that she has no problem with humans eating cattle -- that's what they were bred for and if we didn't eat them they wouldn't exist, BUT we OWE it to them to give them a good life. Her designs are engineered to do just that, and to make absolutely certain they feel no fear or pain in the end. I see no hypocrisy at all in her statements.

She has stated elsewhere that she passisonatly loves them. THAT is what's so hypocrytical. Time to get out the humaboo beating stick...

I don't see the contradiction, hypocritical or otherwise. Judging from what I've seen/read of her, I have no doubt that she's a terror when she catches someone causing them pain or fear. Beef cattle are bread to be eaten -- If nobody ate them, they would not exist.

Than she needs to shut up about loving them so much!

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 3:30 pm

I love cows too. They taste so good.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 3:38 pm

I agree. I find it hard to think anything I'm allowed to write here
about someone who actively-aids in the mechanization of industries which breed, confine, and slaughter millions of sentient beings.

"Wow. So and so has overcome SO MUCH and is now able to act as a titan of oppression and suffering in complete sociopathic disdain for the very same creatures she claims kinship with."
Is this something I should be applauding?

to his Interest."

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 4:04 pm

Decided to come back just for the H of it. Submitted some info to my support worker. Welcome to my world of avoid the shy, quiet one, as they dangerous etc. This is why I don't like this, they don't tell the full story.

A so called Extrovert person can get into the wrong crowd. That is how it really happens or serious abuse can lead to it. It's rare to be a "shrinking violet" with violence born, unless maybe brain damage, to that area maybe.

I think they have gone totally nutz. I really only have spelling & mental arithmetic problems. I not had friends for 12 years because of all the negative info said about shy guys & stay away from the quiet one.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/ ... led-people

I am a Shrinking Violet, The Quiet One, Aloof:-

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... kingViolet

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheQuietOne

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... BigBrother

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 4:25 pm

It occurs to me that you posted in the wrong thread.
Either that, or I'm going insane.
Not unlikely...

to his Interest."

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 4:40 pm

Nope, how one person saying one thing, while doing another. Saying they one thing, when they were the opposite.

Then instead of taking you as a person, they compare you with a person. ( Wish people would start reading, or can't you. Or how bad is your memory? Seriously I feel like some don't read, or have very bad memory. ).

( Because the word that comes to my mind is Dyslexia. )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia

Quote:
1 in 10 of the Uk population is living with Dyslexia?

Unsurprisingly, logographic cues tend to be processed in the right brain hemisphere, the side more actively engaged with visuospatial input.

http://www.dyslexiaaction.org.uk/

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

Last edited by TechnoDog on 18 May 2012, 7:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CuriousKitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2012, 4:41 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
about someone who actively-aids in the mechanization of industries which breed, confine, and slaughter millions of sentient beings.

"Wow. So and so has overcome SO MUCH and is now able to act as a titan of oppression and suffering in complete sociopathic disdain for the very same creatures she claims kinship with."

About someone who has revolutionized the industry -- made it far more humane. Her goal is to ensure the cattle have a good life free of fear and pain right up through the end.

The initial charge leveled against her was hypocrisy. I still see no grounds for this claim

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 4:46 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:

Cows are stupid. Whether or not they have "sentience" is debatable, depending on one's definition. I can say they sure as hell don't have sapience.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 5:36 pm

CuriousKitten wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

About someone who has revolutionized the industry -- made it far more humane. Her goal is to ensure the cattle have a good life free of fear and pain right up through the end.

Her goal, as hired by industry heads, is to keep animals calm so as to ensure their slaughter proceeds MORE EFFICIENTLY.
The notion of a "humane" DEATH CAMP is interesting, however.

to his Interest."

CuriousKitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2012, 6:31 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
CuriousKitten wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

Her goal, as hired by industry heads, is to keep animals calm so as to ensure their slaughter proceeds MORE EFFICIENTLY.

Obviously you regard eating meat to be universally evil. I do not share this sentiment. On this we shall have to agree to disagree.

The "industry heads" who hire her may well be looking at the bottom line, and I don't doubt that helps get her designs into production, but the bottom line for the cattle is they have a better, more natural life, and their deaths are without fear or pain. This is a revolutionary improvement over what went before. The added efficiency does not lead to more cattle being slaughtered -- that is governed by demand and by supply. Watch the part of the movie where she explains her designs.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 6:39 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
CuriousKitten wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

^THIS^

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 7:00 pm

CuriousKitten wrote:

The "industry heads" who hire her may well be looking at the bottom line, and I don't doubt that helps get her designs into production, but the bottom line for the cattle is they have a better, more natural life, and their deaths are without fear or pain.

Are you kidding right now?

to his Interest."

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 7:45 pm

I can't think of anyone more deserving of a Nobel prize.

TheSunAlsoRises

CuriousKitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 May 2012, 1:49 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
CuriousKitten wrote:

The "industry heads" who hire her may well be looking at the bottom line, and I don't doubt that helps get her designs into production, but the bottom line for the cattle is they have a better, more natural life, and their deaths are without fear or pain.

Are you kidding right now?

Not in the least. Frankly, for the occasional steak that my husband requests, I would be willing go out of my way and pay more if I could get meat certified to come from one of her facilities that was well maintained. I just wish she'd get more involved in the poultry industry, since most of the protein I consume is from chicken or turkey.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 2:12 am

i kinda envy her in that she found a comfortably secure niche in life.