Page 2 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

megymegan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2012, 10:58 pm

Usually if I ever talk to myself out loud, it's for telling myself off. Or for trying to stop myself from thinking something that makes me feel sad, I'll tell myself (my brain) to shut up. Which is kinda funny, thinking about it! Speaking aloud to tell something silent to be quiet.
Weird.

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 11:00 pm

Niniel wrote:
I often have conversations in my head, to rehearse for the real thing, or replay conversations that could have gone better in my head, I am usually able to keep my lips still though. I think :lol:

It's the only way to be!

No, seriously... what do other people do? Just list things they're about to do?

I once had a conversation on how people think. Since then I can't stop thinking about it. I like to think in sentences.

Are other people's heads just empty? 8O

I may never know...

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 11:02 pm

megymegan wrote:
Usually if I ever talk to myself out loud, it's for telling myself off. Or for trying to stop myself from thinking something that makes me feel sad, I'll tell myself (my brain) to shut up. Which is kinda funny, thinking about it! Speaking aloud to tell something silent to be quiet.
Weird.

I also do that in my head.

I think I actually started doing that five years ago.

But yeah... I do that, too.

It makes sense, actually, because usually you like to be on your own. Because other people often make you feel uneasy. Even those that you know.

I call it compensation.

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

nerdymama
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2012, 11:05 pm

I talk to myself out loud in public. If I notice someone hears me then I just explain what I was thinking about.

I also rehearse conversations if I am unsure about how they are going to turn out.

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 11:09 pm

nerdymama wrote:
I talk to myself out loud in public. If I notice someone hears me then I just explain what I was thinking about.

I also rehearse conversations if I am unsure about how they are going to turn out.

It never works for me though. I always f*** conversations up, no matter how often I think about them. I can think about them while doing it and it still won't work.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2012, 11:28 pm

I figure everything is talking to myself, so I might as well do it when there's no people obviously nearby. I also talk aloud to myself, also known as the entire universe. Sometimes I write posts to myself to make me feel better about me. It typically works.. which must be why I still do it.

I too 'rehearse' conversations in my head although they tend not to go how I expect regardless. The main thing I do now is not worry if I have a 'bad' conversation, because I tend to be hypercritical of everything which includes me and so it's inevitable that I will hypercriticize.

I also inevitably 'replay' conversations in my head, to figure out if I really enjoyed them or not. If I say something I thought was particularly impressive, I will replay that part a few times. I suppose the hypercriticism idea goes both ways.

We're all winners.

nerdymama
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2012, 11:43 pm

Sometimes I just talk out loud and say random nonsense because I haven't said very much all day and I just want to.. Ill just blurt random things out

Candles15
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Mar 2012, 1:27 am

Doubutsu wrote:
Candles15 wrote:
I always have conversations with myself :D
I usually do it when I need to make a decision about something and my personality splits in half and I argue with myself until I come to a conclusion. Other times I go in to day dreams, where I'm me and my mind is someone else and we have a conversation that I imagined in my head.

Me too, but it has become more stronger this days, today I have been pacing and day dreaming at my bedroom almost the whole day. I get good answers from that conversations, sometimes I write them down. I don't move my lips, the only problem I have is that people thing I'm staring to something or someone instead of the air.

Aha, same! And when you look up, you realise you've been staring at a person or a thing, the whole time; Very awkward! I sometimes write them down too, so I can have a look later, when I'm struggling with something.

Doubutsu wrote:
Candles15 wrote:
Now this is sort of weird; Talking to myself has gotten so bad, When I'm feeling down, my mind starts telling myself jokes from the past to cheer me up.

I should try that.

It helps, or replay scenes from comedies you watch, that's good too!

Doubutsu wrote:
Candles15 wrote:
Also I never look at myself as "me", I always see myself in second person.

In my mind I use to refer to me as "we" or "you" more often than "I".

Yep, I'm "me" and my mind is "you"

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

05 Mar 2012, 1:51 am

I have full blown 2 sided conversations with myself outloud, usually at home though, when I am out of the house I can contain it all in my head, but I prefer to practice conversations outloud to hear how they sound.

When mom overhears me talking to myself, she will ask who are you talking to??
I joke with, "SHHH I am having a conversation with myself, dont interupt"
She jokes back with...ohh pardon me for my rudeness :lol:

Jojo

Paulie_C
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Mar 2012, 2:17 am

MrXxx wrote:
I never answer myself. I don't need to. The people in my head do. Figured that's what they were there for. :shrug: :P

Haha, well put. I too think things through an inordinate amount in my head, things that have, will and are happening. And it is like a conversation up there between me and myself. My lips move a bit sometimes but that will mostly be when I know I'm alone and I can let the crazy out ;).

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 6:42 am

I do that too but I call it thinking out loud I don't do it in public though.

Oldout
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 1:38 pm

Just tell others that you're singing.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 4:34 pm

I do it all the time usually when I am alone but when someone walks in and notices me talking to myself it gets awkward. I usually talk to myself to keep track of things or just to talk to myself because theres nobody else to talk to. :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Justcurious
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2012, 7:32 pm

It is when you start thinking that those around you are telepaths and know what goes on in your head that you have to worry....

On a serious note I am sure this is completely normal in everyone to a degree. Otherwise what would people think about, nothing?

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 9:18 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
I do it all the time usually when I am alone but when someone walks in and notices me talking to myself it gets awkward. I usually talk to myself to keep track of things or just to talk to myself because theres nobody else to talk to. :lol:

My new flatmates actually discussed "me" a couple of weeks ago. I think they thought I was asleep. I was lying in bed, thinking about what to tell them, but then decided to stay in bed until it was "safe" for me to get out of my room.

Because I cannot tell everyone everything, I have to tell it to someone. So... that's myself. ^^ I call it therapy.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2012, 9:49 pm

Justcurious wrote:
It is when you start thinking that those around you are telepaths and know what goes on in your head that you have to worry....

Why would that be worrisome?