Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

paddy26
Toucan
Toucan

10 Mar 2012, 12:07 pm

I've been taking cod liver oil supplements for the past couple of week and am finding myself waking earlier and a bit more alert. I Just thought I'd share it.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 2:34 pm

Keep up with the work!! !

DeadalusRex
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2012, 2:41 pm

Kewl. Have not used CLO but I've found taking a little bit of fish oil to be good for general mood, and extra good for healthy skin/hair etc. Lately I've just been eating more oily fish (wild salmon, sardines) instead of taking pills which works as well or better. A couple of potential issues-- If you are in the northern hemisphere, right now (March/latewinter early spring) is the time when clock time and body time start to converge for most people as hours of daylight increase so the early waking and alertness could have more to do with that. Also be aware that CLO has a ton of vitamin A and D, so much so that if you are taking other supplements you can reach toxic levels-- especially of vitamin A. Read those labels and add up all the numbers. Also note that fish oils work as blood thinners-- if you start getting spontaneous bruises or bloodshot eyes you are taking too much-- also be careful of taking along with aspirin, garlic or other compounds that do the same thing. Your mileage may vary.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

This is what the thread title made me think of:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIdV16zpfIo[/youtube]