Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

snpeden
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2012, 5:38 pm

Does anyone else have this happen a lot?
It's not necessarily something bad, just a general fact that I can't keep my mouth shut about my own private things.
For example, I started working out using one of those DVDs, and decided that I wouldn't tell anyone because people asking me about it would make me embarrassed. But, that lasted about a day.
Basically anything I decide to keep from others for whatever reason (unless it's an actually serious secret) slips out anyway. I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this?

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 5:41 pm

Well when I lie "it eat's away at me, holding my tongue" to the point of telling.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 5:45 pm

On the contrary, I have a problem with other people keeping their mouths shut. So now I rarely trust anyone with anything, even the one person (my sister) I consider myself close to. You never know when we'll get into a fight and she'll use secrets against me.

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

snpeden wrote:
Does anyone else have this happen a lot?
It's not necessarily something bad, just a general fact that I can't keep my mouth shut about my own private things.
For example, I started working out using one of those DVDs, and decided that I wouldn't tell anyone because people asking me about it would make me embarrassed. But, that lasted about a day.
Basically anything I decide to keep from others for whatever reason (unless it's an actually serious secret) slips out anyway. I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this?

Yes I understand, i kind of answered this on the blushing thread yesterday. I just don't seem to get embarassed about discussing thinks that really should be private with people..

Jason

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

Jory wrote:
On the contrary, I have a problem with other people keeping their mouths shut. So now I rarely trust anyone with anything, even the one person (my sister) I consider myself close to. You never know when we'll get into a fight and she'll use secrets against me.

I don't have a problem with those ones. I think its because I see it as been "defensive" rather than lying.

But things like you break something etc...

snpeden
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2012, 5:51 pm

I'm not really talking about lying though, rather than making a decision not to share something innocent or mildly embarrassing. I imagine people keep these things private all the time, and it's probably thought of as normal to do so. But I decide that something is part of my private life and it comes right out anyway.
And I'm not talking about truly secret or embarrassing things. I've hidden my atheism from my family for years, but I can't not tell people that I updated my Sims game and got it working again.
I guess you could call it oversharing, but I don't go on. I just say things I intended not to.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 5:59 pm

Yup, I am always doing that. I give out far too much information etc.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 6:01 pm

Quote:
missread

Last edited by TechnoDog on 14 Mar 2012, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snpeden
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2012, 6:08 pm

TechnoDog wrote:
Quote:
Modern medical doctors as well as holistic practitioners agree that a person who lies continuously will eventually face anxiety, depression, physical illness and even psychological illness.

would embarrassing come under these?

I'm not sure what you mean...I agree with the quote completely, I'm just not sure what you're asking.
If anything I truth too much and lie too little.
"You're thinking of something that doesn't immediately come out of your mouth? Must be causing you stress. Here, let me fix that for you." -my brain

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 6:11 pm

No I looked up the mechanism I have "lying eats away at you"

http://greenlotus.hubpages.com/hub/Tell ... our-Health

( Forget about embarrassing just missread it :/ from my last post )

Editing above & other information into a more easier way to fallow.

my own private things "you don't really see it as private but lying". For example, I started working out using one of those DVDs, and decided that I wouldn't tell anyone because people asking me about it would make me embarrassed. ( Lying is eating away at you ) But, that lasted about a day.

Basically anything I decide to keep from others( seen as lying, rather than defensive ) for whatever reason (unless it's an actually serious secret "which is defensive ") slips out anyway.

Why did you pick this title for the post "told on myself again!" if you not seeing it as lying, but giving out private info. :?:

( If someone asks what you been up to & you say "was on my computer instead of the "DVD" or notices you been exercising etc, then anything but the truth is what? You would have to tell them something )

Last edited by TechnoDog on 14 Mar 2012, 10:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 6:19 pm

I generally withhold too much information. Why tell anyone anything, unless it is absolutely necessary?

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 7:06 pm

SammichEater wrote:
I generally withhold too much information. Why tell anyone anything, unless it is absolutely necessary?

I do it out of naivety. I make the mistake of assuming they will understand when they often don't. I also tend to make the mistake of not having enough topics on my list of taboos to talk about as many of the things that are taboo to most people are natural to me (ie sex).

snpeden
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2012, 7:39 pm

bumble wrote:
SammichEater wrote:

I do it out of naivety. I make the mistake of assuming they will understand when they often don't. I also tend to make the mistake of not having enough topics on my list of taboos to talk about as many of the things that are taboo to most people are natural to me (ie sex).

I, too, keep expecting people to understand. It just seems impossible to take something from my internal world and converse about it. The result is I end up talking about the other person a lot if I'm lucky, and if I'm not I end up word vomiting while they look confused.