Developer

01 Nov 2006, 5:18 pm

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=No1MxAnHuJM[/youtube]

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 5:25 pm

Wow, I liked that one... Great message. :D

Mac always seems to take that "rebel", "youthful" stance though, eh? All "hip" and stuff...

Sorry for all the quotation marks, I usually find those really irritating, but they seem to belong where I put them...

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

01 Nov 2006, 5:34 pm

DrowningMedusa wrote:
I liked that one, Great message.

VesicaPisces
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Nov 2006, 5:37 pm

I enjoyed that as well. Here is the location of another one I would like to share. : )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPA5GPyVWq8

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Nov 2006, 5:56 pm

Bravo! All outstanding messages!

Sacred Cows make the tastiest hambuger.

visualize whirled peas

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 6:31 pm

:)

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 6:47 pm

i think we're all crazy when it comes down to it...it's just that most of us don't let our crazy ways shine. we're too scared of what others think, and we live in our little world, never letting others in. every genius out there is, in some way crazy; as are you crazy. i'm not talking about the "go kill everyone i see" crazy. i'm talking about the brilliant crazy or genius that hides in us all. there is, inside of us all, potential. the potential to be great and to make your life meaningful.

no one can say who you are, only you have that power.

*searches through halloween candy* ooooh...laffy taffy...

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

alex
Developer
Developer

01 Nov 2006, 7:45 pm

tinky wrote:
i think we're all crazy when it comes down to it...it's just that most of us don't let our crazy ways shine. we're too scared of what others think, and we live in our little world, never letting others in. every genius out there is, in some way crazy; as are you crazy. i'm not talking about the "go kill everyone i see" crazy. i'm talking about the brilliant crazy or genius that hides in us all. there is, inside of us all, potential. the potential to be great and to make your life meaningful.

I kind of agree but also disagree with you there. Yeah, we all have our quirks. But not everyone has that spark of eccentric intelligence. I think eccentricity (success + craziness) is respected by society whereas failure + craziness is shunned. The two are sort of polar opposites. I think of a crazy homeless person as crazy, not eccentric. I think of steve jobs as eccentric just because he has visiion AND success

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 7:49 pm

alex wrote:
I kind of agree but also disagree with you there. Yeah, we all have our quirks. But not everyone has that spark of eccentric intelligence. I think eccentricity (success + craziness) is respected by society whereas failure + craziness is shunned. The two are sort of polar opposites. I think of a crazy homeless person as crazy, not eccentric. I think of steve jobs as eccentric just because he has visiion AND success

So really, vision would be the sort of dividing line between the "crazy homeless person" and the "crazy genius"?

alex
Developer
Developer

01 Nov 2006, 8:02 pm

DrowningMedusa wrote:
alex wrote:

So really, vision would be the sort of dividing line between the "crazy homeless person" and the "crazy genius"?

Yeah sort of. I do think that you usually have to be crazy to be as successful as people like Donald Trump, Bill Gates, John D Rockefeller, and Howard Hughues. Normal people don't want success like that because it isn't normal.

By the way, did any of you guys relate to the "round pegs in the square holes" ? :wink:

I love the last line "the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do"

Last edited by alex on 01 Nov 2006, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 8:20 pm

Hey ! ! Where's Walt Disney?? Talk about crazy genius ! ! I heard today about a new book about his life, and the author said that if Walt didn't have his brother Roy who handled all the business stuff, Walt Disney Studios would've disappeared by 1940. Walt was the crazy creative genius, and Roy was the accountant crazy enough to fund Walt's dreams.

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 8:33 pm

True, I didn't hear Walt's name, but he's one who could have been there.

I wonder if every crazy genius needs someone there to sort of take care of business? The practical stuff? Hell, the public relations!

I'm just wondering if it's a part of the "success" formula, or if a person is "crazy enough to beleive they can change the world", that kind of will power would override any of that practical stuff... or, rather, attract the people in the world who are born managers, businessmen and PR-people. And those are the ones that will make sure the crazy geniuses have their practical needs taken care of... If they're not crooked...

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 9:29 pm

alex wrote:
tinky wrote:

yeah, i forgot to mention how everyone is not destined for greatness and how first there must be a vision before one can do something...guess it was all that candy i had eaten that made me kinda light headed. which reminds me...*continues to search through candy*

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 11:15 pm

Alex, awesome youtube. Thanks. :D

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

ni_jal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2006, 12:33 am

Very interesting video [even though I'm a PC guy :P ].

Quote:
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.

This needed to be quoted again.

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2006, 1:56 am

Very touching video. Thanks for sharing, Alex.

I loved it. It's true.