Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 1:03 am

I am starting to think maybe I don't have ADHD at all and that most of my issues with focusing are just sensory issues.

But maybe this true for other people with ADHD and Aspies with ADHD too?

Seriously, right now I'm doing my homework in the middle of the night and I understand material that I make stupid, stupid mistakes on during the day and have trouble grasping. I'm looking over these mistakes and I cannot believe I made them earlier this day O_O

I usually get most of my actual "learning" in in the middle of the night, but am on reverse, dysfunctional schedule.

Now I'm wondering if I should go back on SRRIs. I have no depression but I never realized how the environment and stimulation of the daytime affects me.

HDTV...

Whatever.

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 1:36 am

Right this very minute, I feel hyperfocused at 2:30 in the morning. I really should get to bed, but sleep will probably be very, very difficult. This happens to me a lot. I just finished a short writing assignment that I thought would take an hour or more, in 20 minutes.

This after-hours energy rush is about like having 4 cups of coffee!! I suspect I might have delayed sleep phase syndrome.

AQ: 33

Ecl713
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 1:54 am

Yes my mind gets very active at night and I can hyper-focus better at night too.
Most of my focus issues at work and school are from the fact that I can't stop thinking about my special interests.
There are also some big time sensory issues as well.

I was diagnosed with ADHD-PI when I was 12 but that diagnoses doesn't explain the whole story.
Speaking of stories you can find many stories of people getting diagnosed with ADHD only later to find out it was really Aspergers or HFA. For example in Tony Attwood's books he says that a ADHD diagnoses can lead to the discovery of Aspergers in someone.

Cogs
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 5:07 am

Im not ADHD but have big trouble focusing during the day. What OP says makes sense. I am most focused at night because there are no people around and fewer sensory things, I also relax more due to these reasons. However my brain is usually also tired so while I can focus well I cant actually learn well - if my brain is not tired I can focus on study much better than during the day.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:11 pm

My focus at night is at maximum efficiency, better than in the day time.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Invader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2012, 3:20 pm

I'm the same. There are usually less interruptions at night. Less noise, less activity in the world around you, practically no need to worry about the possibility of having to deal with people who might show up... The night is the perfect time to get stuff done with a clear head.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:21 pm

Non existent.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 11:37 pm

I have very poor focus at night.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 11:52 pm

Night is better since it's quiet in the house, but I still have the reading and concentration problems that I've mentioned on these forums about a thousand times.

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 12:01 am

Night is good for me to focus on things, unless I have had a draining day.

riot_gun
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Mar 2012, 12:03 am

I used to have much better focus at night until I started taking a very early morning class. Now I'm completely exhausted by 7 pm. I'm sure if I wasn't waking up so early I'd get my night focus back, though.

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 1:14 pm

If I had class that early I'd probably get only about 4 hours of sleep, push through the morning with caffeine, nap in the afternoon whenever I'm free, then be wide awake at midnight when I'm supposed to be sleeping! Which would probably be aggravated by the occasional last minute assignment for that class at that hour! This would be most likely if I had to get up at 6:30 two days a week, and not until 11 or later the other five days.

AQ: 33

riot_gun

22 Mar 2012, 1:31 pm

I wish. I get up at 6:30 every weekday, go to four hours of class, then have to work for another six hours immediately afterward, then have to do homework. My days are frustratingly long.