Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 1:56 pm

One reason I have not left my country for 15 years is that when I get tense, I have a tendency to lighten things up with a joke, and that might get me in trouble with airport security or customs agents. Now I see this https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -baby?utm_
I wonder how other Aspies handle high-stress situations. I've learned to check with a 3rd party before calling 911 about a crime in progress, in case I wind up looking like the problem.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 3:51 pm

I haven't been Dx but I do get tense in official situations. I don't get jokey ( I've seen first hand how this can backfire so have learned not to , although it was the way I always got out of trouble with my mum , I just tried to make her laugh) , it's more lke I regress to a child or act like a rabbit in headlights which to some can look like the actions of a guilty man.
I don't think I ever called the police about a crime in progress , I usually try and sort it myself ( might be a bit different if I lived somewhere where guns were legal )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard