Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

JurgenW
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Apr 2012, 1:25 pm

Sometimes when I happen to speak with people, which in itself is rare, parts of my body starts shaking or trembling uncontrollably. This can happen to my lower jaw, or to my leg or arm. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it some kind of social anxiety, a nervous impulse gone to the extreme under stress?

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 1:27 pm

Curious about this as well!

I get tremors as well; usually it's because of an excitement (not a good one necessarily, just nervous system arousal)... sometimes positive emotions will make me shake all over as well. My thoughts on why that happens is because my brain is more sensitive to neurotransmitters and gets flooded-- thereby promoting a physical response as well. Anxiety makes me tremble too.

So, these shakes come from emotions, thoughts, arousal, etc.? perhaps?

Momofblue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2012, 1:40 pm

That happens to me too if I am talking with someone about a very exciting or stressful topic. It's usually happens when it's an "extreme" situation. It typically only occurs with me a few times a year. When it happens, I worry that the person or people I am talking with will notice so I try to control it.

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Apr 2012, 2:36 pm

I get tremors (sometimes) when I'm presenting something to other people. Though that doesn't happen regularly, it does happen. Although my heart beating faster...that happens more often than I'd like it to happen...but again, not all the time and not everytime. But everytime it happens I think to myself "why?"....because I don't see any reason for this.
I wondered if this was anxiety, as well.
Because of having too many self-doubts or being paranoid, maybe. But I don't know for sure.

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 2:51 pm

Shaking or trembling is a fairly common stresss/anxiety reaction. Anxiety and stress put your body into fight-or-flight mode. You start generating too much adrenalin which, among other things, makes your muscles more likely to tremble.