Fictional Characters With Undiagnosed Aspergers or Autism

Page 56 of 60 [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 11:15 am

Maris Crane from "Frasier"

We never meet her, because she takes ill whenever she's forced to a social engagement. Plus she married Niles.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 4:09 am

Of course, Herbert West from The Re-Animator.

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2019, 10:54 pm

Willy Wonka, especially as he was portrayed by Johnny Depp in the newer movie. In the Gene Wilder version, he was certainly very eccentric, and in both versions he obviously had a narrow interest/obsession with his candy factory. But when I was watching the Johnny Depp version I noticed even more things about him that made him seem like he possibly had AS/HFA. He was certainly more passive and socially awkward than the Gene Wilder version, and seemed to isolate himself more from the rest of the world. He had an aversion to being touched. He had odd facial expressions, and it looked really forced when he tried to smile. He didn't show much emotion. There were a few times throughout the movie where he'd just make random noises. There were also parts of the movie where one of the kids or the parents would ask him questions, and he already had a little "script" written and would just pull out his notes and read directly from it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 11:04 pm

My love, Lucy Snowe :heart:

Villette (1853)

plokijuh
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2019, 6:05 pm

Celina wrote:
betty_ferret wrote:
The unbreakable kimmy shmidt

No, she’s out of touch with society due to having been locked in a bunker for 15 years. Any NT would be, in her place.

I think she has CPTSD from prolonged complex abuse. It can manifest like ASD, esp in women.

AQ: 42 (Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits)
RAADS-R: 165
RDOS: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

TheMikeFrom1980
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Mar 2020, 5:24 pm

Mr. Bean, definitely...

Egon Spengler, Ghostbusters, possibly?

zenaspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Apr 2020, 10:30 am

Harley Quinn from suicide squad, not exactly sure about it but I identify a lot in some things, whenever she speaks people are like “shut up lady” or “no one likes you”, she gets called crazy, she dresses up very weirdly and doesn’t care about society stuff.

Aesthetic Artist
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2020, 2:41 pm

Townes from the YouTube original Impulse. A good series definitely worth a watch btw.

Celina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2020, 8:13 am

Neal Caffrey from White Collar. He's a con man because neurotypicals and thus people in general interest him, and he has an outside view of their behaviour. He has learned how they express themselves in big and small ways, using it to his own benefit.

Also, the lying. I absolutely think autistics are able to lie, myself included, but not for long, as seen in the way he quickly tells Peter, or only "twist" his words around the truth.

Then there's the awkwardness. In "Stealing Home" Neal overhears Peter speaking saucily to his wife after a presumed night of "enjoying their marriage", and loses his appetite. He seems relatively traumatised when Peter needs to "sleep" with Sarah for a fake blackmail photo. On the other hand, when Mozzie is caught dating a hacker, and he overhears their post-coital bliss he looks like he's fighting the urge to giggle like a 12 year old. He is 30. And in "Uncontrolled Variables", Neal flirts with a secretary, as part of a mission for the Pink Panthers. When she compliments the "pairing" of the wine, he thinks she is talking about the two of them which would indicate she is moving very fast in their relationship. If that is not textbook "teenager talking to a girl", I don't know what is.

His father, James describes his skill at making forgeries a "gift". Savant, hmm?

Lastly there is the episode "Controlling Interest", a therapist, whom to be fair was trying to manipulate him, calls him "too interesting to be normal".

All in all, it explains the ending of the show perfectly. Autism and PDA go hand in hand, and staying with the FBI does involve demands, and without the anklet, Neal doesn't have a justification for accepting these "demands", this control. Agent Siegel uses his aversion to being controlled by a stranger to "handle him", reassuring him through demonstrations of equal knowledge and flattery; making him feel appreciated :D .

Edit: Also Leonard Snart from DC/Legends of Tomorrow.

*happy ferret noises*

Celina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2020, 9:24 am

Neal Caffrey from White Collar.

Leonard Snart from DC/Legends of Tomorrow.

*happy ferret noises*

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 5:49 am

Holly Gibney on Steven King's HBO 2020 series 'The Outsider'

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 12:35 pm

Robert Forester in Finding Forester
Hardy in The Man Who Knew Infinity
William Harrison in Longitude
Patterson in Patterson
Damiel and Marion in Wings of Desire
Robert and Zack in Down by Law
Billy Eliot in Billy Eliot
Wall-E in Wall-E

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 12:47 pm

Forget characters - it's bad enough when you see undiagnosed Aspies in real life. Even worse when you're related to them.

This is why I say that Asperger's is both hereditary and reinforced.

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2020, 4:13 pm

This one's a stretch... but...

Guts from Berserk, synthesized with a PTSD diagnosis.

One track mind? Obsessive hyperfocusing? Check

Technical brilliance in chosen skillset of interest? Check

Limited cognitive empathy? Lack of typical social interest? Check

Preference for pragmatism over ideology in pursuit of goals? Check

Indifference to social conditioning? Independent motivations? Check

Loyal and honest/blunt to a social fault? Check

Stunted emotional expression? Alexithymia? Check

Easily overwhelmed? Prone to occasional involuntary outbursts? Check

Griffith's more like a traumatized narcissist trying to convince themselves they're a sociopath (and transforms into one in a pulverizing of his original character depth...very astutely written as the opposite of a Hero's transformation), and his interplay with Guts' Aspie-like traits is the source of conflict for the entire manga.

Aspie vs. Narc/Socio = Dramatic perfection

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

simonthesly74
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jan 2021, 2:13 pm

The evidence is pretty flimsy all things considered, but Legosi, the main character from the manga and anime Beastars, displays some Aspie-like traits, with his social awkwardness and fixation with insects.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2021, 10:49 pm

I get compared to Sheldon Cooper on occasion, but I've resented it since I've never really enjoyed "The Big Bang Theory". I feel that comparison is too extreme or exaggerated, playing up some aspects of Asperger's while minimizing others.