Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 1:02 pm

i am 22 years old and since thursday things have been easy because my parents are on holiday (there returning from holiday tommorow night). And at the moment i am just taking care of the house for them.

I just know though when they get back the tantrums will start again and i will find it harder too function. everday is like a living hell because i keep getting bothered by small things that most normal do not get distracted by. I just want too enjoy life too the best of my abilties but i am making my life and my parents life misrable because of my dysfunctions. i get so stressed over small things and that is very bad.

some conditions along with autism i think i do have are
OCD
sensory processing disorder
generalised anxiety disorder
ADHD? (not really sure if i have it not though)

What is the best stratergy i can do about this? really how the hell am i suppoused too live like this though? i am so confused about my life at the moment because when i was younger i found things considrably easier than now.

i don't want too go too an autistic home either.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 1:06 pm

Are there any strategies in place to make everything easier for you / to avoid problems?

CuriousKitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 May 2012, 1:15 pm

I would recommend you report to your folks how much easier the peace and quiet made things for you, pointing out things that you are not "normally" able to do that you did get accomplished while they were gone. Maybe they can help you find ways to improve your quality of life.

Try to pinpoint what exactly it is about these "small things" that cause you problems. If it's noise (a big issue for me), try noise cancelling headphones with soothing music/nature sounds. You don't want to just do earplugs without replacing the disturbing noises long term, as that would only make your hearing more sensitive.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 1:17 pm

Yeah but i don't want too withdraw from people even if i find tasks easier too get done while i am on my own. I do not want too be on my own my entire life.

i suppouse some noises can bother me but that is not the big issue with my sensory problems. my sensory issues are very much unique which is very problematic.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 1:23 pm

Quote:
I just know though when they get back the tantrums will start again and i will find it harder too function. everday is like a living hell because i keep getting bothered by small things that most normal do not get distracted by. I just want too enjoy life too the best of my abilties but i am making my life and my parents life misrable because of my dysfunctions. i get so stressed over small things and that is very bad.

Oh my God, when I was reading this, I had to keep looking at the name to see who wrote this, because I was like, ''did I write this???'' :D

This describes me exactly. Mostly my tantrums are caused by other people's ways, but I can't say anything because I practically throw tantrums when people are just doing normal things, so I'd just be accused of causing the problem and not them. If they weren't doing something out of the ordinary then I would have more right to get angry and could possibly even get away with having a tantrum (we call them ''outbursts'' in our house).

I too keep getting bothered by small things that happen in the home. Like when my mum is trying to watch the telly and I get frustrated because then I can't talk to her, but it is not fair on her because when you've been at work all day you don't really want somebody sitting next to you going on and on about drivel. Most people like to just relax, and I'm mostly no company anyway because all I go on about is either my obsession, or else I'm whining about something and probably starting up an argument or an outburst. My mum has even said to me earlier on today that I make her emotionally exhausted.

So I really don't know what the best solution is, especially if you can't afford to move out or know you may not be able to cope on your own (like me). I can't expect people do vow down to me because, to be fair, they are in the norm, and I am not, so I've got to vow down to them.

That is the main reason why I HATE being an Aspie.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 1:30 pm

okay if u want more info on what my issues are then read this old thread of mine

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp4535179.html&highlight=