Do you wear the same clothes over and over?

Page 3 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 3:53 pm

I wear the same jeans, but change t-shirts regularly. I also usually wear my clothes for months/years until they are completely worn out. However, I don't wear outdoor clothes often because I rarely leave my house so I usually just wear pyjama shorts and an old t-shirt in around the house, for comfort.

Last edited by KnarlyDUDE09 on 30 May 2012, 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tixylix
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 May 2012, 4:24 pm

I will often wear the same clothes for days at a time unless I'm going outside in which case I need a clean shirt, maybe one that's been worn once if say I went to the shops for an hour the previous day and then changed straight into 'inside' clothes when I came home. My inside clothes are always baggy and soft, some of them are also suitable for wearing outside such as a plain black T-shirt but others are just pyjamas - my partner has a lot of promotional T-shirts from when she worked in a supermarket so I often wear a shirt with Crunchy Nut Cornflakes on the front to bed because it's really comfy, I probably wouldn't wear that outside unless it was under a hoodie I wasn't planning to take off. My jeans don't get washed every time I wear them, about once a fortnight but that will only actually be 4-5 days of wear as I have soft fluffy trackie bottoms that I wear indoors.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

29 May 2012, 5:20 pm

I usually wear the same or similar clothes every day. My current wardrobe is black jeans and shirts (black, blue, and two green). Some of this is money - I can't afford a full wardrobe. A lot of it is just that I am just more comfortable with minimal alterations to my wardrobe.

Pipilo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2012, 6:06 pm

I've been wondering if other aspies do this! I usually have one outfit for each season that I end up wearing day after day. Luckily, I have to wear clean scrubs for work, which is easy, and pretty comfortable. On my days off, I have an outfit of lots of comfy layers I wear indoors at home, which doesn't change much. I'll wear baggy jeans in the yard, so I don't attract weird glances from my neighbors. When I'm out, I prefer to look kind of stylish, although it comes hard and I don't think I always pull it off very well. Sometimes I'll come up with a great outfit, but when I get out in public I'll realize I hate it. So I end up settling on one outfit per season that I really like and feel comfortable in. I'll change it up if I feel like I have to for social acceptability, but it stresses me out to do so. Overall, it works out well and makes me happy, but the season change is very stressful. I literally can't figure out what to wear. I'm going through this now that it's spring, it's kind of paralyzing.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 6:06 pm

I wear my clothes again every day or very similar ones, but I brought 3 times the same pullover, shirts etc., and then I change it now sooner than I used to do, but I still wear it for a long time and pants sometimes for a couple weeks.
I wear black, because it feels weird to see me in colours.
But I always wear a black short dress with some white pattern over my black jeans and under my black pullover and it is a couple years old and the pattern is dissapearing at some places and it has got some holes at some places, but I need to wear it and when I wash it, I have another dress, which is black and short.
But I feel stressed, because people say that I should throw it away, but I don' see the use in throwing it away and I would feel uncomfortable without it.
I always wear boots, even in summer.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Bunnynose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2012, 6:10 pm

[Sniff] [Sniff]

Dang. These clothes really stink. I've only been wearing them since, I think, last Friday.

Now it's Shower Time!

Xena_Sophia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2012, 6:40 pm

I hate wearing clothes more than once before washing them, so I hardly ever do so, but I essentially wear a rotation of the same clothes every week. Anyone at my school who knows me can recognize me from yards away by my purple Under Armour zip hoodie, which I will wear constantly unless it is more than 90 degrees (Fahrenheit) out, and sometimes even then. I also almost always wear jeans. My parents gave up on trying to make me diversify my wardrobe years ago, because I will simply continue to wear the same old comfortable outfits unless I grow out of them or wear them out!

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 7:04 pm

Usually, I look like I'm wearing the same clothes for a long time. However, I simply have a lot of the same clothes. I have two of the boxers I'm wearing now, and three that look differently, and four of yet another type. I have the same sweater in four slightly-different colours, and another one in three different colours. Jeans - six or seven, varying in colour from black to light blue and varying in pattern.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 7:42 pm

yes i do. i want to be like one of those cartoon characters with a closet full of the same clothes. right now i am on a 2-3 day cycle, depending on when laundry is done.

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2012, 7:47 pm

If I really like something, I buy them in different colors they offer and buy extra one in my favorite color as a backup. (which happens to be dark 99.9% of the time). Even though I have other clothes, I almost wear same shirts and same jeans (not consecutively tho..). I throw them in the wash so many times they get worn out real quick. Hence the reasoning of buying a backup. Pajamas wise, I like to sleep "naked" (undies) so no.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 May 2012, 10:11 pm

I agree that underwear should be changed daily. But with shirts and pants, I can often get by wearing them several times in a row like at home or around town. But at work I will wear a different shirt each day. My rule is that as soon as my clothes begin smelling, they get washed.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 10:31 pm

Yep... Probably shouldn't, but I do anyway.

ComposerGal1928

30 May 2012, 10:51 pm

I have this SFASU (my first choice for college) shirt that I've worn so often, the letters are starting to fade away.

But like a lot of people here, I have a typical "outfit": usually a button-up shirt with a T-shirt underneath and the sleeves partially rolled up (normally dark colors), cargo pants or jeans, and either my black Vans or my waiter shoes. For cooler weather (which means below 70 degrees Farenheit where I live) or if I'm working at my freezing-cold church, I'll add my brown zip-up hoodie. For warmer weather, I trade the pants for cargo shorts, or go with just my black sandals, and, if it's really hot, I'll wear only the T-shirt, shorts, and sandals.

When I'm at home, all I wear is a T-shirt and my black wind pants. Again, if it's cold, add the brown hoodie, and/or socks. No socks if it's warm.

philippepetit

30 May 2012, 11:03 pm

i wear the same clothes over and over because i'm poor and don't care that i look like a bum :)

Scandium
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Orange County, CA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Cluster

30 May 2012, 11:08 pm

I wear a sweatshirt and long pants every day except for Sunday, when I substitute my sweatshirt for a slightly fancier long-sleeve shirt for church. I only have five sweatshirts.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 6:29 am

I don't. I love variety and have lots of different clothes. Actually they must be all different, including socks and underwear. All of them have to have different colors, styles or patterns, if I ever bought two that are the same I save one for later use. I do wear each piece of clothes twice or three times before washing them, to save on the laundry effort. I probably could wear them more times as I hardly sweat, but I'm very sensitive to smell, so even a hint of sweat or cooking smell is enough for me to feel they're dirty. I sniff my coats at the collar regularly to see if they need washing as well.