Where do you fall on my spectrum of asd?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Where do you fall on my spectrum of asd?
Aspergers 74%  74%  [ 31 ]
High functioning autism 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
mid functioning autism 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
low functioning autism 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
autistic savant 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 42

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 5:07 pm

this is from my book feel free to put down your own spectrum of asd or edit mine. Or to help me add info and Character equivalents And i know it may be stereotypical but i want to do this for fun and also figure out if its a good idea to keep it in my book.and this is all part of a draft.

aspergers vs high functioning autism mid vs low functioning autism

Ok although the dsm5 elimaded aspergers and other fourms of pdds i believe aspergers is still used in other countries and othrers still call themselves aspies so i will go over the diffrences for you in my opinion. So if people heve been wondering the diffrences between aspergers vs high fuctioning autism vs low functing autism. Well let me tell you. Note this is only my opinon and experice but this my opionion baced on my reserch and experince.

Aspergers
People with aspgers are usually very smart and generally dont have many academic or develement problems. Infact people with aspergers syndrome tend to exell academicly.They ussally have all around geniues like qualities but tend to be modest and lacks confidence.they will be able to finish work generally faster than there peers but have huge social issues and can be phyisically clumsy and disorgnized. They can ussally deal with sensery overload very well in the way that they are able to identify it and know more ways to cope. Has an advradge or above advrage iq.
They may have an easier time reconizing manipulation and might be more negitive. Likes being alone. Although has more problems with socialization will be less naive and is emotionally way more mature and aware of the world then their peers. At times wants to have friend but does not know how to and has problems in conversations

Have less urge and ability to socialize but will recognize social behavior and or facial expressions though won't connect them to to world, conversations or emotions use them or care. They will see them but not notice their importance or know why they are there or what their used for.

Usually studies non school related topics a lot. Special interest tends to be something academic and are mostly made up of facts about a topic. Usually drawn more to special interests then socialization and does not intentionally or actively share their interest with others and if in a conversation will not want to talk much or just be "there".

Less likely to have a "visual classic autistic world" but not likely to have problems with visualization.

Usually diagnosed late the earliest I would say about eight or nine and tends to do Very well on iq tests and achievement tests and to be in gifted or general education and some may not have a 504 or iep.

* could also be in resorse or have counseling.
Girls: Tend to be under digosed and tries to adapt to the social world more.
Boys: Tends to get diagnosed earier and have more out word symptoms.

Common miss diagnoses or cormorbids

OCD

Social anxiety

Depression

Conduct disorder

If misdiagnosed most likely seen as: mentally ill

Character equivalent : The apsent minded professor

HIGH FUNCTIONING AUTISM

People with high functioning autism tend to have less social problems and had more academic and developmental problems but usually don't have much physical clumsiness.

They tend to pass by school or do somewhat above average but not high enough to be seen as gifted. These people seem to have a desire to be social but don't know how. Has an advadge iq.

Are often seen as quirky or wired and are usually liked but then avoided or seen as targets. May recognize rules and often calls out people for breaking them.

For boys : May not really get social skills but tend to be better at it and more able to socialize but have have more obvious symptoms and although may be liked (because boys tend to have less social expectations)and seen as a class clown or quirky often.

Also classmates tends to feel a bit weirded out by their eccentricness.

For girls: tend to be misunderstood and un liked. Very naive. likely to be taken advantage of and bullied. May notice direct bullying but more likely will confuse it with regular girl gossip talk. Will not notice Subtle bullying or sarcasm. Other nt girls will not know what to think of them.

Usually has interests like their peers.

Tends to be misdiagnosed as a learning disability

ADHD

Dyspraxia

Odd
Character equivalent : dexter from dexters laboratory

Mid fuctioning autism
This group tends tends to do advadge to below advadge in school. Can often do very well with giudence and subbort with their iep.
tends to have problems with adls but develpment problems are usally not severe They tend to like people with aspegers want to be in social situatiouns but has sosial akwaress that is viewable by others. May have meltdowns or shut downs in public. has a below advrage or advradge iq. Some may have mild echoallia.
special intrests may incude: both academic and non acdemic intrist but may be more into collecting thing then actully memeriazing the facts may have an intrest in animals for exsamle but may not know pticular facts about it.
Girls: tend to have more obsessivenes
boys: tend to have more agression

Most likley to be seen as nerolgicly impaired
Toretts
Social communication disorder

Low functioning autism

People with low functioning autism Tends to have even less difficulty socializing but to go off in their own little world. Has has a Lot of developmental and academical problems.Servants tend to pass school but most are in special education. Tends to have a lot of problems communicating and may use ACC to comunicate but coult be articulant in that. Has a below advradge or mentallly ret*d iq.

Mainly bright and and optimistic Smiles alot but may have behavior challanges.

Boys

Understood by people know that there autistic but shunned by those that are creeped out by them has both mental and developmental issues.

Girls

Underdiagnosed Seen as either a servant or mentally ret*d.tend to be seen as different sweet and kind but has problems being in a conversation.

Special interest tends to be something like toys or cartoons or something else non academics subjects also something to so with numbers like scores .

Tends to be misdiagnosed as cognitive inpariment
Misdiagnoses

Mental retardation

Global Developmental delay

William'syndrome

The autistic servant
autistic savant
The definition of an autistic savant is a autistic person who has an extraordinary ability in usually one but it could be more areas. Some savant are good in writing while others are good in music, art sports, math or remembering facts and sometimes even language.

Last edited by jenisautistic on 29 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 5:13 pm

There is no category for "Fan Club"? There are a lot of families and friends who would be in the spectrum fan club! 8)

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 5:18 pm

High Functioning Autism- and yes, in fact as a child I was misdiagnosed with having ADHD (due to my hyper-sensory issues). Is your book going to be non fiction or fiction?

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 5:45 pm

nyxjord wrote:
High Functioning Autism- and yes, in fact as a child I was misdiagnosed with having ADHD (due to my hyper-sensory issues). Is your book going to be non fiction or fiction?

Nonfiction although I do have a fiction book in mind I decided to write nonfiction instead.

GoldTails95
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Apr 2015, 7:38 pm

jenisautistic wrote:
this is from my book feel free to put down your own spectrum of asd or edit mine. Or to help me add info and Character equivalents And i know it may be stereotypical but i want to do this for fun and also figure out if its a good idea to keep it in my book.and this is all part of a draft.

aspergers vs high functioning autism mid vs low functioning autism

Ok although the dsm5 elimaded aspergers and other fourms of pdds i believe aspergers is still used in other countries and othrers still call themselves aspies so i will go over the diffrences for you in my opinion. So if people heve been wondering the diffrences between aspergers vs high fuctioning autism vs low functing autism. Well let me tell you. Note this is only my opinon and experice but this my opionion baced on my reserch and experince.

Aspergers
People with aspgers are usually very smart and generally dont have many academic or develement problems. Infact people with aspergers syndrome tend to exell academicly.They ussally have all around geniues like qualities but tend to be modest and lacks confidence.they will be able to finish work generally faster than there peers but have huge social issues and can be phyisically clumsy and disorgnized. They can ussally deal with sensery overload very well in the way that they are able to identify it and know more ways to cope. Has an advradge or above advrage iq.
They may have an easier time reconizing manipulation and might be more negitive. Likes being alone. Although has more problems with socialization will be less naive and is emotionally way more mature and aware of the world then their peers. At times wants to have friend but does not know how to and has problems in conversations

Have less urge and ability to socialize but will recognize social behavior and or facial expressions though won't connect them to to world, conversations or emotions use them or care. They will see them but not notice their importance or know why they are there or what their used for.

Usually studies non school related topics a lot. Special interest tends to be something academic and are mostly made up of facts about a topic. Usually drawn more to special interests then socialization and does not intentionally or actively share their interest with others and if in a conversation will not want to talk much or just be "there".

Less likely to have a "visual classic autistic world" but not likely to have problems with visualization.

Usually diagnosed late the earliest I would say about eight or nine and tends to do Very well on iq tests and achievement tests and to be in gifted or general education and some may not have a 504 or iep.

* could also be in resorse or have counseling.
Girls: Tend to be under digosed and tries to adapt to the social world more.
Boys: Tends to get diagnosed earier and have more out word symptoms.

Common miss diagnoses or cormorbids

OCD

Social anxiety

Depression

Conduct disorder

If misdiagnosed most likely seen as: mentally ill

Character equivalent : The apsent minded professor

HIGH FUNCTIONING AUTISM

People with high functioning autism tend to have less social problems and had more academic and developmental problems but usually don't have much physical clumsiness.

They tend to pass by school or do somewhat above average but not high enough to be seen as gifted. These people seem to have a desire to be social but don't know how. Has an advadge iq.

Are often seen as quirky or wired and are usually liked but then avoided or seen as targets. May recognize rules and often calls out people for breaking them.

For boys : May not really get social skills but tend to be better at it and more able to socialize but have have more obvious symptoms and although may be liked (because boys tend to have less social expectations)and seen as a class clown or quirky often.

Also classmates tends to feel a bit weirded out by their eccentricness.

For girls: tend to be misunderstood and un liked. Very naive. likely to be taken advantage of and bullied. May notice direct bullying but more likely will confuse it with regular girl gossip talk. Will not notice Subtle bullying or sarcasm. Other nt girls will not know what to think of them.

Usually has interests like their peers.

Tends to be misdiagnosed as a learning disability

ADHD

Dyspraxia

Odd
Character equivalent : dexter from dexters laboratory

Mid fuctioning autism
This group tends tends to do advadge to below advadge in school. Can often do very well with giudence and subbort with their iep.
tends to have problems with adls but develpment problems are usally not severe They tend to like people with aspegers want to be in social situatiouns but has sosial akwaress that is viewable by others. May have meltdowns or shut downs in public. has a below advrage or advradge iq. Some may have mild echoallia.
special intrests may incude: both academic and non acdemic intrist but may be more into collecting thing then actully memeriazing the facts may have an intrest in animals for exsamle but may not know pticular facts about it.
Girls: tend to have more obsessivenes
boys: tend to have more agression

Most likley to be seen as nerolgicly impaired
Toretts
Social communication disorder

Low functioning autism

People with low functioning autism Tends to have even less difficulty socializing but to go off in their own little world. Has has a Lot of developmental and academical problems.Servants tend to pass school but most are in special education. Tends to have a lot of problems communicating and may use ACC to comunicate but coult be articulant in that. Has a below advradge or mentallly ret*d iq.

Mainly bright and and optimistic Smiles alot but may have behavior challanges.

Boys

Understood by people know that there autistic but shunned by those that are creeped out by them has both mental and developmental issues.

Girls

Underdiagnosed Seen as either a servant or mentally ret*d.tend to be seen as different sweet and kind but has problems being in a conversation.

Special interest tends to be something like toys or cartoons or something else non academics subjects also something to so with numbers like scores .

Tends to be misdiagnosed as cognitive inpariment
Misdiagnoses

Mental retardation

Global Developmental delay

William'syndrome

The autistic servant
autistic savant
The definition of an autistic savant is a autistic person who has an extraordinary ability in usually one but it could be more areas. Some savant are good in writing while others are good in music, art sports, math or remembering facts and sometimes even language.

I have my own view of ASD too. But High Functioning and Low Functioning levels are useless and are nonexsistent in the way I see the Autism Spectrum Disorders. The following are:

1)ASD(NOS)- The general ASD label. Given when someone meets the 3 autism deficits (social, communication, and RSB imaprments) but a specific ASD lable below cannot be give.=to DSMIV's PDD(NOS).

2) Kanner's Classic Autism- The main, prime ASD. Has the 3 autistic abnormalities and has typically has adaptive behavior impairment. At least 1 autistic abnormalities appear before age 3 either through detection or regression. But presentations should be based more on the individual and less on the diagnostic label.=DSMIV Autistic Disorder

3) Asperger's Syndrome- A less imapired version of ASD as there are no current dysfunctions in language, cognition, adaptive behavior, IQ, and self care competence. However, still faces challanges from the 3 autistic abnormailities tough repetitive dysfunctions may often be aimed at gaining savant like knowledge in one favorite subject. =DSMIV Autistc Disorder, PDD(NOS), and Asperger's Syndrome.

4) Heller's Autism Disintegrative Disorder- The super saiyan version of ASD. A very rare but very devestating ASD. Develops normally until some point between the ages of 18 months and 6 years (in few cases as old as 9), when he/or she suddenly becomes very similar to Kanner's Classic Autism with regression. Previously gained skills are typically lost for good and presentation resembles Harley Sheffield. Uneven splinter abilities are rare comapred with other ASDs.Many cases of this disorder are caused by another seperate progressive/degenerative condition within the same child like Atypical Tay-Sachs Disease (ie a 6 year old Ashkenazi Jew who regresses to HADD(CDD) is revealed to also have Juvenille Onset Tay-Sachs. So he has both HADD(CDD) AND Atypical Tay Sachs).=DSMIV Childhood Disintegrative Disorder and very few cases of Autistic Disorder

5) Borderline Autism- Someone who has characteristics of an ASD like Asperger's Syndrome or Kanner's Classic Autism but it is completley missing 1 autism deficit (ie has deficits in RSBs and communication but not social deficits).=DSMIV PDD(NOS)

6) Sematic Pragmatic Disorder- Very similar to Borderline Autism except that the 2 deficits impaired are social and communication. Has very little to no RSBs but may have advanced splinter skills in mutiple areas.=DSMIV PDD(NOS)

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 8:52 pm

moderate.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 10:32 pm

I would add schizotypal personality disorder (SPD) to your list of misdiagnosed / comorbids.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Apr 2015, 10:43 pm

I fall between Mid-functioning autism & Aspergers. In relaity I have Aspergers but I have dyslexia & ADD on top of it & never had an interest in academics.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 2:46 am

These categories contain many inaccurate descriptions and stereotypes.

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2015, 3:42 am

I was diagnosed (back in 2012) with Asperger's. I can identify with parts of all categories, but not with any one entirely.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 6:17 am

Agemaki wrote:
I was diagnosed (back in 2012) with Asperger's. I can identify with parts of all categories, but not with any one entirely.

I forgot. To put an other poll option.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 6:19 am

btbnnyr wrote:

What would your scale be? What would you fix?

GoldTails95
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Apr 2015, 8:27 am

I am a mix of HFA and Aspergers.Maybe look at MY OWN view of ASD and see what I mean. Then label yourself from my criteria.To see my view of ASD,look at my last post above.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 11:14 am

Between Asperger and HFA.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

jenisautistic wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:

I would get rid of the current scale/categories and do more research about different presentations of autism, if you want to write this information into a book.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 12:32 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
jenisautistic wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:

I would get rid of the current scale/categories and do more research about different presentations of autism, if you want to write this information into a book.

Could you give me suggestions on doing that?