What are your Aspie/Autistic skills or talents?

Page 4 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ZipoCXG
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2012, 6:45 pm

Kinme wrote:

Nice drawing! You've got a pretty unique style!

As for me, I also seem to have a talent for art. People have told me that my skills are uncommon for my age (I 've mainly been told this by people IRL, not so much online though). Though I mainly just draw fan art, I can draw original stuff when I want to.

Unfortunately many students at my school have dismissed my talents and still see me as being a talentless low-life.

kBillingsley
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jun 2012, 7:06 pm

Electronics and mechanics are my best talents. I am also pretty good at mathematics, but not nearly as good as some neurotypicals. As with all on the spectrum, I pay dearly for my talents.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 7:15 pm

houseofpanda wrote:
And I think you're being way too forgiving when you say they do this accidentally. How does one accidentally mis-remember that they wrote something they didn't??? When I play something, I know how to play it, or at least an idea of how it felt in my hands. And so he heard it, liked it, and just ASSUMED he played it? That just doesn't happen!

I don't know how someone wouldn't remember themselves making some music - I have nearly photographic memory as far as music is concerned. I don't know if it's so common for NT's to remember things that well - and this one person has a particularly bad memory. They haven't tried laying claim to any of my other work in the past or since then, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now - they've also been a friend for 8 years and haven't done anything like that in that time, and the whole time he had a bad memory.

But I do get annoyed at bands I'm in taking collective credit for a song when I did all the work or almost all of the work in writing it. In one of my bands I do very little writing because I'm not too much into the genre myself (I play in the band for money - they make a lot compared to my other bands, which are newer), but in the other two bands I am the bulk of their creative force - if I stopped writing music for those bands, they would stop existing, at least in the way they exist now.

Previously I've had my work stolen by people I showed it to - that made me very anxious about showing people my new work for a while, but now I keep recordings of it when I make it, or I make it so difficult that I have no worries about most people trying to copy it (usually with bass harmonics songs).

nolan1971
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2012, 7:52 pm

These are the pictures of the speakers and entertainment center I made in the 7th grade :D
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/scanmh.jpg
I wish I still had the Leo The White Lion carvings my best ones were Kimba and Lea
I have a passion for all things nature so check out the alligator pics also.
The first one I took of a 9ft gator on my camera phone only 6ft away.
I managed to sit down next to him for over an hour! :D

Last edited by nolan1971 on 18 Jun 2012, 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 7:55 pm

Dirtdigger wrote:
I do have a gift for art and I would like to show you some of the art that I did over the years...

You draw really well! Maybe you should spend a little time everyday drawing?

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 8:01 pm

Some talented people on this forum. :D Makes me want to go out and buy a sketchbook and some drawing pencils and take up drawing again.

My ability to memorize various bits of information is probably my most notable aspie talent.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 8:05 pm

You guys are exceptionally talented. I'm impressed.

TheSunAlsoRises

Azereiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jun 2012, 8:38 pm

I'm obsessed with theories and technicalities.
I can out-argue almost anybody if I have any idea what I'm talking about, and can still out-argue many when I don't know what I'm talking about in the first place, simply due to the technicalities of the English language.

Everything I say to non-family is true. Sometimes it's true from a certain angle, but it's always true to a certain degree.

Often I'll argue a point of view I don't even support, simply for the sake of exploring the subject more deeply and helping to teach the other person more about it.

I'm also a huge gamer. I love my PC gaming, and I love Valve for their quality. I love Mojang because of Minecraft and their overall creativity. I love Nexon for their focus on the Freemium model of PC gameplay - free to play with pay to use features.

I occasionally do painting - non-realistic, of course. I like to see myself as somewhat of an impressionist. That's more of a skill than an obsession though, along with my ability to play the electric guitar fairly well.

Did this for an art auction fundraising event for children and teens with disabilities. Too bad I didn't have a better picture of it, but oh well! I liked doing the lighting. Lighting is easily my favorite part of any piece of art.

These, on the other hand, were done on a piece of cardstock roughly the size of a playing card, back when I was just getting started with any form of painting whatsoever. Art class had "Artist Trading Cards" to work on, and I was pretty much blazing through the entire thing with my acrylic paints and junky brushes. My scanner could actually fit these, unlike the 20"x24" or so painting above.

[img][800:703]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa315/Agron9999/InSpace.png[/img]
[img][800:686]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa315/Agron9999/Lighthouse.png[/img]

Edit: Christ's sake, I'll fix this in a moment. brb, uploading to site that works with IMG tags here.
Edit edit: There we go, this SHOULD work...

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 9:12 pm

Azereiah wrote:
I'm obsessed with theories and technicalities.
I can out-argue almost anybody if I have any idea what I'm talking about, and can still out-argue many when I don't know what I'm talking about in the first place, simply due to the technicalities of the English language.

Everything I say to non-family is true. Sometimes it's true from a certain angle, but it's always true to a certain degree.

Often I'll argue a point of view I don't even support, simply for the sake of exploring the subject more deeply and helping to teach the other person more about it.

I'm also a huge gamer. I love my PC gaming, and I love Valve for their quality. I love Mojang because of Minecraft and their overall creativity. I love Nexon for their focus on the Freemium model of PC gameplay - free to play with pay to use features.

I occasionally do painting - non-realistic, of course. I like to see myself as somewhat of an impressionist. That's more of a skill than an obsession though, along with my ability to play the electric guitar fairly well.

Did this for an art auction fundraising event for children and teens with disabilities. Too bad I didn't have a better picture of it, but oh well! I liked doing the lighting. Lighting is easily my favorite part of any piece of art.

These, on the other hand, were done on a piece of cardstock roughly the size of a playing card, back when I was just getting started with any form of painting whatsoever. Art class had "Artist Trading Cards" to work on, and I was pretty much blazing through the entire thing with my acrylic paints and junky brushes. My scanner could actually fit these, unlike the 20"x24" or so painting above.

[img][800:703]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa315/Agron9999/InSpace.png[/img]
[img][800:686]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa315/Agron9999/Lighthouse.png[/img]

Edit: Christ's sake, I'll fix this in a moment. brb, uploading to site that works with IMG tags here.
Edit edit: There we go, this SHOULD work...

Nice stuff, Azereiah.

Thank you, TheSunAlsoRises. ;o I'll draw you guys something, if you'd like.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 9:13 pm

ZipoCXG wrote:
Kinme wrote:

Nice drawing! You've got a pretty unique style!

As for me, I also seem to have a talent for art. People have told me that my skills are uncommon for my age (I 've mainly been told this by people IRL, not so much online though). Though I mainly just draw fan art, I can draw original stuff when I want to.

Unfortunately many students at my school have dismissed my talents and still see me as being a talentless low-life.

Thank you. I like to alternate with my art. Sometimes I draw cute, sometimes I do something completely different. I've been sticking with chibis for now.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 10:18 pm

Being disliked, if some one where to like me I'd think less of them.

Last edited by aussiebloke on 19 Jun 2012, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 12:09 am

A good memory for facts.

I don't think there's all that many that are uniquely attributed to autism though (a good memory for facts is though). Anyone can be good at art, music, math, science, shooting, running, and/or whatnot.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 12:12 am

Azereiah wrote:

Good job. How much do I owe you for my portrait?

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 12:15 am

Rascal77s wrote:
Azereiah wrote:

Approximately $1,000,000.00. *Pinky to mouth*

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 12:29 am

Kinme wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:

Approximately $1,000,000.00. *Pinky to mouth*

Kinime!

Azereiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2012, 12:38 am

I wouldn't mind receiving $1,000,000.00 for a playing card made with red, yellow, and blue acrylics and a piece of junk brush. :P

However, if that's a little steep, I'd be willing to cut down a bit ;D