What are your Aspie/Autistic skills or talents?

Page 5 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 1:18 am

Azereiah wrote:
I wouldn't mind receiving $1,000,000.00 for a playing card made with red, yellow, and blue acrylics and a piece of junk brush. :P

However, if that's a little steep, I'd be willing to cut down a bit ;D

You know for some reason the 'do people think you look stoned' thread crossed my mind when I saw your avatar.

Azereiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2012, 1:58 am

Rascal77s wrote:
You know for some reason the 'do people think you look stoned' thread crossed my mind when I saw your avatar.

Well, do I?

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 1:59 am

Azereiah wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:

Well, do I?

Not as much as me but I'd say you look like you're on the Stoned Spectrum.

Azereiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2012, 2:02 am

Rascal77s wrote:
Azereiah wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:

Well, do I?

Not as much as me but I'd say you look like you're on the Stoned Spectrum.

Sounds about right. :P

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 2:54 am

Nice art in this topic! I really thought for minutes that the Buran space shuttle is actually an enchanced photograph taken on the visit...

As for me, I don't have any real talents or skills, though I'm fairly good at doing certain things that I've learned by degrees. I'm a slow reader, don't have a good memory for facts / trivia, can't draw or play an instrument properly (though I've learned to play the trombone to a degree), can't make lightning-fast calculations of any kind etc. etc. Actually, I believe that the reason for me being employed is that my abilities are not as much uneven, despite having little to none socials skills.

Things that I can do: I'm good at basic physics (at least so I think), computer programming, and I can tell minute sonic differences of hi-fi / high-end sound reproduction systems and even do some modifications to them accordingly to improve sound quality.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 3:10 am

I'm good at painting and singing, though i doubt that's related to autism. My only talent related to autism is pattern recognition. I notice tiny little details blinding fast. I seem to do jigsaw puzzles about 3X faster than other people do, because I pick up a piece and scan the picture and know where it should go. :D DH's parents (who love doing puzzles) thought that's crazy. I have trouble recognizing people, though. If only they'd stop changing their clothes and hair styles everyday, and always stand beside their houses (or car) then I'd have no problem. :lol:

houseofpanda
Raven
Raven

19 Jun 2012, 3:12 pm

Atomsk wrote:
But I do get annoyed at bands I'm in taking collective credit for a song when I did all the work or almost all of the work in writing it. [snip]

Previously I've had my work stolen by people I showed it to - that made me very anxious about showing people my new work for a while, [snip]

And that's why I don't play well with others. Musically speaking, that is.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 4:00 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Kinme wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:

Good job. How much do I owe you for my portrait?

Approximately $1,000,000.00. *Pinky to mouth*

Kinime!

Don't hayte, brah.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 4:01 pm

Azereiah wrote:
I wouldn't mind receiving $1,000,000.00 for a playing card made with red, yellow, and blue acrylics and a piece of junk brush. :P

I will pay you one penny.

horsegurl4190
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2012, 4:52 pm

I would say my main talent is horseback riding and anything dealing with horses. I have an amazing memory which really helps in school I'm hoping it keeps on helping me in grad school. I'm very good with animals and kids and both seem to be drawn to me as well.

Azereiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2012, 5:14 pm

Kinme wrote:
Azereiah wrote:

I will gladly renegotiate to $1.50 for the work, as I am unable to buy any *good* coffee lately. :P

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 7:48 pm

Here's an example of my bass playing:

http://soundcloud.com/the-autie-musicia ... -tracy-jac

It's me playing Jaco Pastorius' "Portrait of Tracy". Solo bass, no effects used. Cell phone recording.

I have a lot of stuff online, actually, it's just all of it is linked to my IRL identity, which I do not want being linked to my WP account because I say a lot of things on here that I want remaining private. So I made a new soundcloud just to share stuff I play with people here on WP.

Washi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 8:01 pm

For me the main one is art.

Atomsk wrote:
I have a lot of stuff online, actually, it's just all of it is linked to my IRL identity, which I do not want being linked to my WP account because I say a lot of things on here that I want remaining private.

Same here otherwise I would share but everything I have worth sharing is already online and linked to my real identity, if I find something that isn't I'll share. Nice playing.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 8:02 pm

Azereiah wrote:
Kinme wrote:
Azereiah wrote:

I will gladly renegotiate to $1.50 for the work, as I am unable to buy any *good* coffee lately. :P

I just purchased a gallon of iced coffee. Quite delicious. It was $3.99, I believe. I add sweetened condensed milk. Yummy!

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 8:07 pm

Washi wrote:
For me the main one is art.
Atomsk wrote:
I have a lot of stuff online, actually, it's just all of it is linked to my IRL identity, which I do not want being linked to my WP account because I say a lot of things on here that I want remaining private.

Same here otherwise I would share but everything I have worth sharing is already online and linked to my real identity, if I find something that isn't I'll share. Nice playing.

Thanks : ). I thought this one would be a nice one to share since it's a cover, so it won't be linked to me like my originals could be. It's also one of my favorite songs - probably my favorite one actually.

LeeTimmer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jun 2012, 12:44 am

JML101582 wrote:
Trivia, whether it would be sports, music, movies, television and sometimes video games.

I'm with you on that, except for video games. I've always said that I know everything about nothing, which always gets a little laugh.