The liberation of Hans Asperger's surviving papers

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Poke
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 7:40 pm

Two come immediately to mind: his 1938 paper Das psychisch abnorme Kind and the opening portion of Autistic Psychopathy omitted by Uta Frith in Autism & Asperger's Syndrome.

Surely there must be a way to track these down and translate them? I'm highly interested in it and would even fund the effort personally if it would help.

Any information on these and/or other "non-circulating" Asperger writings would be most appreciated.

Poke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 8:11 am

Once again, willing to throw some money at this. I can't imagine there isn't someone on this forum who a) knows how to go about pursing this and b) could use a couple hundred dollars.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 11:37 am

I could only find Die Autistischen Psychopathen im Kindesalter on Google Scholar.

I couldn't find the other one anywhere.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 12:25 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
I could only find Die Autistischen Psychopathen im Kindesalter on Google Scholar.

Wow, that's great! :D
Thanks!

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 12:51 pm

You mean the first few pages of Die autistischen Psychopathen im Kindesalter? Boring stuff, I skipped that entirely when I started on translating the case studies sometime back.

Poke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 8:21 am

Sora wrote:
You mean the first few pages of Die autistischen Psychopathen im Kindesalter? Boring stuff, I skipped that entirely when I started on translating the case studies sometime back.

I guess it's seven pages or so...the part that Uta Frith left out?

Boring is good.