Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 4:22 pm

DAILY... It's kind of sad; I just sit there and go "Wow, my stomach kind of aches... I wonder what's wrong with it." -.- AND then I realize I haven't eaten at all. Probably 5 or 6 hours later.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 4:33 pm

I forget to eat often. Often, it's because I'm doing special interest stuff and I don't notice that I haven't eaten. I usually eat one meal a day, and that's because everyone else in my house eats at that time, so I'm reminded to.

But often I'm not around the house during that time - so some days I'll go all day without eating and only notice that I need to eat when I feel weak from hunger, and get shaky and stuff.

I maintain my weight, though - 170lbs (~77kg) at 6'2" (~188cm)

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 5:17 pm

I don't think I've ever forgotten to eat. My life revolves around food. I will skip eating intentionally if it is inconvenient, but I always have to have a plan for when I'm going to eat.

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jul 2012, 7:54 pm

I have always had this problem, it is this very subject which led me to the diagnosis of aspergers. I have never ever met anyone else who has the problem of forgetting to eat, and I've been laughed at and scorned, and frankly not believed about it my whole life. My husband knows if he wants to eat, he'd better either remind me, or start cooking. (bless him) WP is the only place I've ever found kindred spirits not only dont laugh, but have the same 'problem'....

KittenKat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2012, 9:19 pm

Yep, and it's worse when I'm deep in thought over something. I usually remember if I'm on a schedule. Right now I try to remember to eat a banana around 9:30, and I have my lunch break so I remember then, but I usually forget to eat after that unless someone at home is making dinner. If I have no reminders (schedule, people, etc), which is most weekends, I'll completely forget to eat and not even be hungry. I usually seem to be hungry only when I've been eating. I always have to have breakfast though or I'll get sick.

~K

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 5:40 pm

FalsettoTesla wrote:
Does anyone else have this?
Yes, a lot; particularly when I'm pursuing my special interests.

arisu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2012, 5:44 pm

i was willfully starved by my mother during my childhood so i never really knew when i'd get to eat and my body sort of forgot hunger fairly early on. i didn't get out from under her control till i was 15.

in the past ten years i've at least eaten enough that i'm at a healthy weight. i still have trouble remembering to eat and can go over 24 hours, especially if i'm occupied.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 7:50 pm

Kinme wrote:
DAILY... It's kind of sad; I just sit there and go "Wow, my stomach kind of aches... I wonder what's wrong with it." -.- AND then I realize I haven't eaten at all. Probably 5 or 6 hours later.

Story of my life, except I get nasty headaches. When I get that hungry I found out that switching from Diet Coke to regular will help make the stomach thing go away until I can find a 99 cent heart attack

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 8:23 pm

I don't forget to eat (but then I don't have 'meal times' and just graze throughout the day, often out of boredom), but I do often forget to drink - I get so focused on what I'm doing that even if I'm sitting here dry-mouthed I can't seem to tell myself to STOP and go get a drink.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:18 am

Ann2011 wrote:
I often forget to eat. It's not 'til I'm faint with hunger that I start looking for food and by then I'm so desperate I make unhealthy choices.

Yep, same here.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:33 am

Nope. I meal at exactly the same time, usually with the exact same dish each time. I wouldn't call it eating. It is feeding.

EQ: 6.

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jul 2012, 1:57 am

This is an odd one as Aspies usually stick to a strict routine.
For myself, I've never forgotten to eat.
If anything I'm over organised with my eating habits.

bnky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jul 2012, 5:11 am

I forget to eat and drink regularly. At a health check i was told I'm permanently dehydrated :oops:
If I'm working close to the kitchen (on some days) I may end up having lunch a few times because I've forgotten that I ate earlier :oops:

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 5:26 am

I wish I could forget to eat! It would make weight loss so much easier...

The_Final_Boss
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jul 2012, 6:35 am

RockDrummer616 wrote:
I don't think I've ever forgotten to eat. My life revolves around food. I will skip eating intentionally if it is inconvenient, but I always have to have a plan for when I'm going to eat.

Same here. I'm always thinking about food :P

If anything I am more likely to overeat, than I am to forget.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 6:47 am

Only when I'm too focused on something like responding to this message for example.
After coming to a halt in precedings, I then go to eat. =]

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."