What kind of strange habits you have/had?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Awertal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Oct 2019, 1:25 pm

Mine was biting my palm exclusively on my left hand and rarely biting my ring finger also on my left hand. I quit this habit since it is really stupid and painful it was a sort of anti stress sort of thing. But still sometimes I notice myself biting into my palm. What kind of strange habits you have/had?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 1:30 pm

posting on the website wrongplanet.net.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 2:43 pm

Awertal wrote:
Mine was biting my palm exclusively on my left hand and rarely biting my ring finger also on my left hand. I quit this habit since it is really stupid and painful it was a sort of anti stress sort of thing. But still sometimes I notice myself biting into my palm. What kind of strange habits you have/had?

There have been several years of my life where I have become obsessed with chewing plastic in different forms, mainly wristbands however there are several pen lids I chewed until they were flat and beginning to go see through. My friends threw them away when I was away at that point because they thought it was gross and were worried because it led to me frequently becoming sick. Sadly, I chewed plastic again recently and it was great.

Touching hot and cold things is another thing I enjoyed in Primary School as a habit. I used to like feeling numb so would either hold ice until it melted or would put my hands on really hot things because after awhile it gets so hot you feel nothing. Stopped doing it because it isn't healthy despite calming me as and my mum was concerned.

Also used to frequently test how long I could go with limited amounts of sleep. I stopped after almost a week of sleeping for no more than 2-3 hours a day as my face lost it's colour and I looked awful.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 6:47 pm

Tapping the back of my right hand on wooden surfaces. It is still ongoing.