Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 10:38 pm

nolan1971 wrote:
My example is waiting at your doctor office or the RMV (Driver's license, etc)
After 1hr I am a little upset
After 2hrs I get restless,bored and start to get angry.
After 3hrs I am at the meltdown point and if it takes any longer will leave after nearly knocking the door off it's hinge

Are you a Buddhist monk? That's way too much patience! But my anxiety heavily influences my impatience. I find if I have to sit and wait, even the 10 minutes or so before a movie starts at the cinema, I get fidgety and even a little queasy. These are easy enough to manage now after years of practice (I call riding out these waves of anxiety 'surfing'). I even force myself to drink coffee now because I've learned to enjoy the jittery high and my ability to 'stay on the surfboard' so to speak and ride it out until the caffeine wears off. At least that's made me more patient with my anxiety.

AltoClarinet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Oct 2018, 5:43 pm

I usually have a lot of patience unless I'm in a big rush.
Or if there's someone in front of me in line at the store taking too long to buy too many lottery tickets. :roll:

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 5:46 pm

mh not very good ahah i get easily frustrated when things don't work as i intended them to. on the plus side, i work very hard and usually i persist on getting things right.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Oct 2018, 4:41 am

I was fairly impatient as a kid but I'm aLOT more patient nowadays. I was unemployed & looking for work for years. I was single & looking & desperately wanting a realtionship for 8 years. I'm used to having to wait around for medical stuff to get done. I'm very used to getting the runaround from people & organizations who claim that they'll help me. I was living with my parents till I moved in with my current girlfriend at 30 & my parents were very critical of my many issues my whole life & I really hated living with them. You kind of learn patience when you get screwed over a lot in life.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition