Children of the Stars movie -- Autism in China

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 4:33 pm

I've been looking for the film Children of the Stars about a family in China who has a son with autism, and the school he goes to for autistic children. I have only seen the trailer (included below), but I'd really like to see the whole film... Does anyone know where I can watch it or buy it (for a price lower than $248? All the ones I've seen have been that much...)

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 5:29 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
I've been looking for the film Children of the Stars about a family in China who has a son with autism, and the school he goes to for autistic children. I have only seen the trailer (included below), but I'd really like to see the whole film... Does anyone know where I can watch it or buy it (for a price lower than $248? All the ones I've seen have been that much...)

Ironically you will probably find it on a Chinese movie pirating web site.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 7:41 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:

How is that irony? 8O

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 7:42 pm

And I forgot to post the trailer.
Oh well.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 10:00 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:

How is that irony? 8O

A video showcasing the lack of intervention by the Chinese government (autistic kids) made available to you through the lack of Chinese government intervention (piracy)?

Invader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2012, 6:13 pm

I had a long hard look, but couldn't find it.

I notice that the makers themselves are the ones who are trying to sell it for $248, so it's unlikely that you will find it cheaper, even on a pirate site. I can't think of any pirates who would fork out $248 for a 50 minute documentary.

I wonder why the price is so high.

Mainichi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2012, 6:26 pm

I post the trailer.......it looks to be a great documentary.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_wPTA9RjPQ[/youtube]

Robins0n
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2012, 10:01 pm

Hi,

I am the film-maker who made this documentary and I am sorry to learn that people who would like to see it have nowhere they can go to purchase a retail copy or download it. The rights were sold to Fanlight for the U.S. educational market and therefore the price they are selling it for includes special copyright clearances for Universities to screen it and add it to their libraries etc.

I will look into finding a way to make it more accessible to the public without breaching that contract.

In the meantime, if anyone would like a copy for their own private viewing only, please let me know and I will do my best to assist.

Kind regards,

Rob

Linlin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2014, 12:33 pm

Hello Robins0n,

My friend in Beijing has a 6-year-old son who was diagnosed with autism a few weeks ago, and she was devastated. She is trying to get some help to treat her son, but as documented in your film, the resources are very limited. In despair she contacted me in hoping more information about resources that she could reach. I saw the trailer of your film on the internet, and I think it would give her the invaluable encouragement and hope she desperately needs right now. I have been looking for ways to purchase it, and ended up here (I couldn't even find that place where they sell it for $248). I would really appreciate it if you could kindly help me to obtain a copy of the film somehow.

Regards,
Linlin

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 1:45 pm

Robins0n wrote:
Hi,

I am the film-maker who made this documentary and I am sorry to learn that people who would like to see it have nowhere they can go to purchase a retail copy or download it. The rights were sold to Fanlight for the U.S. educational market and therefore the price they are selling it for includes special copyright clearances for Universities to screen it and add it to their libraries etc.

I will look into finding a way to make it more accessible to the public without breaching that contract.

In the meantime, if anyone would like a copy for their own private viewing only, please let me know and I will do my best to assist.

Kind regards,

Rob
Hi Rob, thank you. Do you think you might be able to do something so that all WP members could see this perhaps on the members only part of this site? I know I would love to see it and I am sure most of us would as well.

Wreck It Ralph

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 May 2014, 5:54 pm

FYI: Robins0n last visited WP on Tue Mar 12, 2013.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 7:37 pm

Oh, I did not even notice the date of the post. Cornflake, do you think we could get access to this film somehow for WP members? Maybe Alex can get it.

Wreck It Ralph

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 May 2014, 8:00 pm

It doesn't appear to be available to the public for contractual reasons (that is, it's only sold within the US educational market), but maybe a Google search will turn up something?